PDA

View Full Version : "Protective" Felt

bigalerickson
02-29-2004, 10:35 PM
When my new table arrived I did not flinch at purchasing new felt. However I do have friends over regularly, and want them to be able to enjoy playing some pool. The bottomline is that they seem to impressively speed up the aging of my felt.

Is there any felt product available that you could put over it, as like a protective layer... i doubt it, but the CCB seems to be full of resources.

Peace,

Alex - vacationing and still on the internet.

soupy
02-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Tell 'em to learn to jump and masse elsewhere. And perhaps you can use a square of wool for breaking, but beyond that, you're just gonna have to learn to live a little. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

bigalerickson
02-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Pretty much what Ive figured.

btw: I may not be happy about your tag line but its the gods honest truth. embrace it or... leave the country?

-Alex

tateuts
02-29-2004, 11:49 PM
The pool table will quickly become the focal point of your parties and gatherings. Fresh cloth looks so good but never stays that way for long. I think good players are harder on cloth than casual players. I know I've put more than my fair share of dings in mine with jacked up draw shots, jumps, masses, and break shots.

I mainly watch that people don't set drinks or food on the table or cloth and keep away from the custom cues. If someone taps balls - that's a non-no. I plan on recovering my table every couple of years anyway and have it professionally leveled. Seems like every year I want it tweaked a little anyway.

I hope you enjoy your table - having a home table is a great way to get your game to the highest levels.

Chris

Chris Cass
03-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Hi Big Al,

I know you don't sweat the money spent for the cloth. No honest poker player ever sweats the doe. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Believe it or not, your cloth will last longer than you think. Your suppose to use it and get enjoyment out of it. IMHO

I will suggest that you clean it after every long session. Get you some of that foam spray stuff they used at the Open in Va. It'll make the table play nice and look it's best. Sure, it's not going to look out of the box after awhile but, it'll still look good.

Regards,

C.C.~~ table abuse isn't a requirement by guests. At JimS' house I never jumped one ball and broke off a peice of cloth for respect. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif of course Jim, did wax the balls every rack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif