PDA

View Full Version : Some interestings things at WPBA`s Delta classic

Vagabond
03-01-2004, 08:02 PM
Howdy Folks,
Few hours ago I returned from Tunica,Mississippi where WPBA event was held.Following things,to my mind ,are unusual:
(1)Inspite of repeated anouncements by the tournament director asking the audience not to use the flash camera,some one flashed when Mrs.Breedlove was about to shoot a shot( ESPN Match)
(2)Inspite of the repeated requests to shut off the cell phones,one guy`s cell phone started ringing when Mrs.Breedlove was about to shoot( ESPN Match)
(3)When Mrs.Breedlove was about to shoot a critical shot one young( looked like 35 year old) black man very loudly said ``black``....It appeared that he meant to say ``Black Widow``He was so loud that the entire arena could hear.
(4)Too many players were taking too long to shoot a shot.Looked like it is a new stategy by WPBA players

By the way the women players came a long way with bank shots and the top players are banking like Gary Spaeth, Mark Tad and Fargo.Cheers /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PQQLK9
03-02-2004, 02:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr>
(1)Inspite of repeated anouncements by the tournament director asking the audience not to use the flash camera,some one flashed when Mrs.Breedlove was about to shoot a shot( ESPN Match)
(2)Inspite of the repeated requests to shut off the cell phones,one guy`s cell phone started ringing when Mrs.Breedlove was about to shoot( ESPN Match)
<hr /></blockquote>
Hey Vagabond,did you by any chance notice the race of these two offenders also? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

SRpool
03-02-2004, 02:25 AM
I too noticed some of the things going on. The first flash was a WPBA player. Since they didn't kick the player out they let the other person stay after doing it a short time later. I didn't hear the comment or hear the phone ringing. Although the phones ringing was a problem all week. I'm wondering how anyone had phone service in that place anyway...I know I didn't have it all week.

CarolNYC
03-02-2004, 04:02 AM
Hey Vagabond,
Cm'on now-you have to admit, the people of Mississippi were pretty enthusiastic and supportive,God, I loved to hear them speak and see their smiling faces, what a pleasure!
And the lines for autographs were out the door!
Carol~could NEVER speak in a southern accent! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-02-2004, 08:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr>Hey Vagabond,did you by any chance notice the race of these two offenders also? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Nick,

The guy with the flash camera was probably Japanese.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally~~just watched Lost In Translation.

rocky
03-02-2004, 09:32 AM
There were some strange things there that i noticed also. No shot clocks before the semi finals. I saw players take bad shots and not give ball in hand and one player who repeatedly marked her rails with chalk....I always thought that this was not allowed. When a player would call for some assistance it would take a while and they would practically have to scream to get steves attention. The guy who took the pictures was oriental, he was there from Houston I believe. They would have had a bigger turnout bit they had a big tournament just north of memphis over the weeknd that drew alot of the amatuer players that otherwise would have been there. I think that sams Town did a great job, and everyone had a great time. The sea food buffet was awesome....crab legs mmmmmmmmmmm

SPetty
03-02-2004, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr>...&lt;discussing idiots&gt;...<hr /></blockquote>Hey Vagabond,did you by any chance notice the race of these two offenders also? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hi PQQLK9,

I'm missing the joke here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nostroke
03-02-2004, 11:45 AM
Last year at San Diego i think?-not only did a cell phone ring, the guy took the call and then spent 5 minutes or more yapping loud enough for the whole arena to hear. Neither Security nor the WPBA said a word to him. I was at least 100 feet away and after steaming for what seemed an eternity I finally yelled "Hey take it outside" whereupon he looked around and kept talking for another minute or two just as loud. He was so far away i never even got a good look at the idiot.

soupy
03-02-2004, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr>...&lt;discussing idiots&gt;...<hr /></blockquote>Hey Vagabond,did you by any chance notice the race of these two offenders also? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hi PQQLK9,

I'm missing the joke here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That's because it's not funny. Why is race only mentioned when it's a black man? Why is race mentioned at all? If you're going to give a list, you should give each item in that list equal description.

SRpool
03-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Carol, I agree with you 100% about the fans. The poeple in the south are so nice. I hope they don't visit Chicago or New York to ruin that...just kidding. I'm sure the flashes and cell phones were not intentional. If they were then shame on them.

pooltchr
03-02-2004, 02:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>Carol~could NEVER speak in a southern accent! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Carol,
Come on down and spend some time in God's country. We'll have you speaking real english (southern style) in no time!
Pre-course requirement- watch every episode of Andy Griffith you can...take notes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
03-02-2004, 05:35 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
03-02-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
watch every episode of Andy Griffith you can...take notes!

<hr /></blockquote>
How about Matlock?ha ha ha
I would love to come spend some time in Gods country-I tried hard to curb my accent, but I think it was the way I asked for a "cup of CAWFEE"-that was the dead giveaway! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Stay very well!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

PQQLK9
03-02-2004, 08:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr>Hey Vagabond,did you by any chance notice the race of these two offenders also? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Nick,

The guy with the flash camera was probably Japanese.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally~~just watched Lost In Translation. <hr /></blockquote>
But how old was he? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PQQLK9
03-02-2004, 08:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote soupy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Vagabond:</font><hr>...&lt;discussing idiots&gt;...<hr /></blockquote>Hey Vagabond,did you by any chance notice the race of these two offenders also? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>Hi PQQLK9,

I'm missing the joke here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That's because it's not funny. Why is race only mentioned when it's a black man? Why is race mentioned at all? If you're going to give a list, you should give each item in that list equal description. <hr /></blockquote>

Soupy you hit the nail on the head, move to the head of the class. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif