PDA

View Full Version : unknown wants to gamble

bushka
03-02-2004, 08:32 AM
im 40 plus years old - never entered a tournament - taking a years leave of absence - want to play pool for as long as my 10.000 [ten thousand] dollars will take me. [nine ball] where do i start? please dont match me with top or even ranked players. im not a dummy or crazy, just want to have some fun and be able to write about the trip. attended the derby event and would judge my speed as the seven ball under anyone i observed. where do I start [what town or city?] forget the east coast to costly to live and travel. lets have a little help, and maybe you or your friends will win your share. [ only wagers 500.00 or more races to 7 will be considered.]

Perk
03-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Obviously a bad post. If you cant answer your own questions on where to start, you can just mail me the 10,000 and read "Playing off the rail" to get your fix. If for some way shape or form, you are serious, go to ANY poolhall and just start playing. People will approach you and you can play some cheap to get started. Play in some small weekly tourneys to get a feel for the locals, and judge your waste of money accordingly. JMT

JohnBarton
03-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Email me at instroke@instroke.com or call me at 970-227-1661 if you are serious. I have a good road partner for you who can steer you.

John

RUNaRAK
03-02-2004, 12:34 PM
Is this person serious?? I certainly hope not! You may want to hold on to your cash. IMHO.

Good luck anyways!

bigshooter
03-02-2004, 12:48 PM
I highly doubt your serious but if you are make a trip over here to Tulsa.
All the action you want in one of the top rooms in the country and its not real expensive to live here.
But if all you have is $10'000 and your going to play $500.00 sets then I would just suggest getting a motel room for about 3 days, it shouldn't take any longer than that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

soupy
03-02-2004, 01:16 PM
This is a good idea for a book -- which may be what the first poster has in mind with this project. Take a year off, take $10,000, and produce a nice journal of the road. Could be a popular book.

Though, 100k would make it more interesting.

woody_968
03-02-2004, 01:19 PM
I believe that book is called playing off the rail /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
03-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Jumping on the road and playing the caliber of players you will sureley encounter, you might just want to stay at home. That is, unless you are truly serious. Should you be truly serious, you better take more than ten dimes. That may be only enough to get you to the state line. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Popcorn
03-03-2004, 05:33 PM
Why is there an assumption you are going to lose all the money? It reminds me of a guy that used to work for me. When ever he got hold of a bank roll he would take off and come back broke. He had it all backwards, you go on the road to build up a bankroll. For a change no one knows how you play and you can make better games. If you just want to lose your bankroll, stay home and lose it to your friends. Just as a foot note, I have taken off with little more then gas money and come back in a few weeks with $5000. or more, (at a time when $5000. may be six months pay for a working man. Tell us a little more in detail what you plan is, I would really like to hear about it. As far as asking for spots, assume in advanced you will get double steered.

bigalerickson
03-03-2004, 05:44 PM
Popcorn (or other poster),

does this simply mean that someone is taking a cut from whoever wins the match? ie: is steering opponents into each other?

Please clarify.

peace,

Alex

Popcorn
03-03-2004, 08:38 PM
It means someone gives you false information. I.E. "Go over here and play so & so , he has a pocket full of money and will go off". The steer man is in with so & so and so & so is waiting for you and knows axactly how you play. But not always. It is often a counter trap, the pool detective may not have an honest line of how the player plays, and they become the victims. That is always very satisfying. They sometimes don't realize that the player knows a little about the local players himself.

bushka
03-04-2004, 08:34 AM
Popcorn - you are right, i dont plan on losing - just winning more than i lose is the plan. not looking for players, looking for people that gamble at pool - that have money - most players dont have anything that im looking to win, but the halfass player that has backers. think i have a pretty good route in my little black book to follow. who knows I might play a little better than some of these posters think. it is quite obvious that most of them dont know much about gambling. You seem to understand what im talking about. take the best players out there, they for the most part do not have a dollar to bet on themselves. the shortstops have the most money and backers, that is what IM looking for. thanks for your time. ALL ABOUT THE MONEY [not shortstops, but smaller] /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

dr_billiards
03-06-2004, 05:58 PM
Come to a little room in Madison, Indiana called American Billiards. Everyone here will play sets with anyone. Most like $25,$50,$100 sets but a few of us like $500+ sets. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
American Billiards
2914 Clifty Dr.
Madison, IN 47250
(812)265-9940
Looking forward to seeing you.
Cheers,
Doc B