PDA

View Full Version : JossWest ues....

Ketchup
03-02-2004, 05:53 PM
I just ordered a West, just want some opinions of his cues from others. Hard, or medium hit, deflection in shaft, etc. Ive never heard a bad thing, just want some input.

tateuts
03-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Beuatiful work, great playing, really famous maker. They don't get much better. Mine's just right - about a year old. Mine came with two standard shafts and one Predator shaft Bill matched the ringwork to - and that's the one I like the best. Both standard shafts squirted a lot - they had kind of a weak straight taper. I would say order "pro taper". The newer JW cues have a very nice balance - the old ones were a little butt heavy.

Josswest has a very strong following too should you wish to sell it later.

Chris

dooziexx
03-03-2004, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Beuatiful work, great playing, really famous maker. They don't get much better. Mine's just right - about a year old. Mine came with two standard shafts and one Predator shaft Bill matched the ringwork to - and that's the one I like the best. Both standard shafts squirted a lot - they had kind of a weak straight taper. I would say order "pro taper". The newer JW cues have a very nice balance - the old ones were a little butt heavy.

Josswest has a very strong following too should you wish to sell it later.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>

Chris,
How long is the wait for a JW cue?

tateuts
03-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Erik,

I bought mine from a pro out here. The cue met my specs and was perfect. I don't think I'll ever order a cue - I would just go bonkers waiting.

I absolutely love the JW cue so I'm selling some of my others. I paid $2000 for mine and I think he charges at least $3000 or $3500 for his basic desgns now.

It's an ebony six point style, 3 high points of white veneer only , 3 low points of pink ivory. Same design upside down on the butt. Ivory joint, ferrules, and buttcap. Then it has pink ivory rings circled with with ivory diamonds. It's a 60" cue.

Chris

tateuts
03-04-2004, 01:10 AM
Erik,

I just spoke with a JW customer and he said the wait is about a year.

Chris