PDA

View Full Version : Are fast food jobs manufacturing jobs?

nAz
03-02-2004, 11:48 PM
Just read most of this article and it looks like the bUSH admin. wants to reclassify a person who flips burgers from a service job to a manufacturing job, lol and here i thought all the manufacturing jobs were leaving the coutry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

http://www.aflcio.org/issuespolitics/bushwatch/

Sid_Vicious
03-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Am I surprised? That guy will do his fuzzy math and fuzzy definitions to meet his own needs all day long. NO, I do not think food service people are any kind of manufacturers, they are pawns in the numbers games is all...sid

Wally_in_Cincy
03-03-2004, 11:04 AM
just think of all that healthy free food they get though /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. just pour salsa on everything and it tastes just like mama used to make.

bigshooter
03-03-2004, 11:29 AM
Considering that most fast food tastes like it was manufactured from plastic it may make sense. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

soupy
03-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Cool. So we replace many thousands of manufacturing jobs paying good money with many more thousands of fast food jobs paying minimum wage for a net gain. Sounds like solid Bush/Dickonomics to me.

http://www.housedemocrats.gov/Docs/mjl_bystate_0104.pdf

Troy
03-04-2004, 10:00 AM
Remind me again why Bush should be re-elected..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

eg8r
03-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Any good reason why Kerry should get the nod?

eg8r

Qtec
03-04-2004, 11:36 AM
Just wondering. Would you call the NRA a 'Special Interest' group?

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
03-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Sure. Why do you ask?

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
03-04-2004, 11:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Any good reason why Kerry should get the nod?

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Sure. He'll tax us into prosperity LOL

Wally_in_Cincy
03-04-2004, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Just wondering. Would you call the NRA a 'Special Interest' group?

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Just wondering. Why can't you stick to the topic? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
03-04-2004, 11:43 AM
He got all twisted around when I mentioned Kerry (whose inept ability to stay quiet about special interest groups got him into a little trouble earlier this year). /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Troy
03-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Absolutely !!!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Just wondering. Would you call the NRA a 'Special Interest' group?

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
03-04-2004, 11:53 AM
This is odd, was it ever an issue as to being special interest or not?

eg8r

Chris Cass
03-04-2004, 12:14 PM
Well,

We as a country have been a service industry since we lost our steel plants. We cannot even come close to competeing with other countries in the industry. A lot has to do with our exporting of items. I think it doesn't matter much now anyway. We did it to ourselves. Doesn't Japan own most of the US anyway?

Had the jump in electronics technology but after Heroshima, we lost it all. We gave our technology away and Japan, dove into it with everything they had. Now look, were selling hotdogs, burgers and fries.

Sick to my stomach,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-04-2004, 12:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> ...Doesn't Japan own most of the US anyway?

<font color="blue">Not really. Not even close actually. </font color>

Had the jump in electronics technology but after Heroshima, we lost it all. We gave our technology away and Japan, dove into it with everything they had.

<font color="blue">Japan's economy hasn't exactly been on fire for the last 10 years. Their system is inherently flawed. They are changing slowly though. </font color>

Now look, were selling hotdogs, burgers and fries.

Sick to my stomach,

<font color="blue">Don't sweat it CC. Everything will be fine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
03-04-2004, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Well,

We as a country have been a service industry since we lost our steel plants. We cannot even come close to competeing with other countries in the industry... <hr /></blockquote>

You can thank the unions and the environmentalists for that. Along with some poor management no doubt.

Ralph S.
03-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Actually Cassman, of all the outside countries that own businesses and realestate in the U.S., Japan is in second place. They are wayyyyyyyyyy behind the United Kingdom &lt;England-Great Britain&gt;.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-04-2004, 01:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Troy:</font><hr> Remind me again why Bush should be re-elected..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

because Kerry will raise your Social Security taxes...again....

Chris Cass
03-05-2004, 12:36 AM
Wally,

I'm taking your word for it. Well, I do know one thing. If I can count on anything it's you buddy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~thought Japan owned everything from all the cues to the state of Cal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
03-05-2004, 12:41 AM
The Brits? Those guys are crazy. Atleast they were in Spain in 1985. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Did I ever tell ya how I won a trip to Spain for 5 days /6 nites? Oh, and the nude beaches? I'll tell ya sometime Ralph when you need a laugh or two. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~runs from those Brits. LOL