PDA

View Full Version : CCB Check-In @ Super Billiards Expo 03/25 - 03/28

Doctor_D
03-03-2004, 06:34 AM
CCB Check In, Message Board & Meeting Place

All CCB regulars attending the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge this month will be able to leave messages for those attending, as well as pick up messages left for them, on the message board which will be found at The Billiards Workbook Booth # 22 on the Main Exhibit Level. We will be maintaining a bulleting board for all attending to post and retrieve messages.

Additionally, we will be maintaining a sign in sheet so the CCB regulars will know who is at the show. Those attending the Super Billiards Expo will also be able to use The Billiards Workbook Booth # 22 to leave gear, coats, etc. if they need to.

Visit with us at The Billiards Workbook Booth # 22, as well as to use our Booth as a meeting and rendezvous place for all of the CCBrs who will be attending the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge.

Our booth will also have a computer with a high speed internet connection so that we can post updates on the CCB, as well as to allow CCBrs to retrieve their own Personal Messages and respond to other postings on the CCB.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Expo.

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
03-03-2004, 07:09 AM
Who says your not a sweetheart? This is great. Finally, get to meet Dr. D.

Regards,

C.C.~~hope I'm smart enough to play on the smart tables. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not ready for the great 8 tables yet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Good morning /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's very thoughtful of you Dr. D.

I'm not planning on attending at this point but I do soooo want to meet Fast Larry /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DennyS
03-03-2004, 09:08 AM
Sounds Great, will have to stop by and say hi!

9 Ball Girl
03-03-2004, 09:37 AM
Great! I'll be there Saturday thru Sunday. Looking forward to meeting you and see some of my CCB buds again!

Chris Cass
03-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi Dr.D,

Can you or anyone please tell me the proper dress code for the event? Also curious about the lighting. Conditions? Cold, chilly, warm, comfortable? Does one have to get the entry fee in the amature event mailed ASAP or the day of the event fine? They do have a rather high entrant expectancy, like 1024 players. Is there any lower cost close hotels other than $100. a nite? Appreciate any info.

Regards,

C.C.~~getting a late start. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Doctor_D
03-03-2004, 09:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Dr.D,

Can you or anyone please tell me the proper dress code for the event? Also curious about the lighting. Conditions? Cold, chilly, warm, comfortable? Does one have to get the entry fee in the amature event mailed ASAP or the day of the event fine? They do have a rather high entrant expectancy, like 1024 players. Is there any lower cost close hotels other than $100. a nite? Appreciate any info.

Regards,

C.C.~~getting a late start. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Dress Code is casual, while most people are dressed less then casual. Temperatures run warm, but you should bring something if it gets cooler. If you want to compete, register ASAP so as not to be shut out. This event is larger then life. The Marriott Courtyard in Wayne, less then 1 mile from Scanticon, might have better rates.

Dr. D.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-03-2004, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>.. Is there any lower cost close hotels other than $100. a nite? Appreciate any info. <hr /></blockquote>

I stayed at a nice Motel 6 (actually a hotel) down the road for $55 a night.

Eric.
03-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Count me in. Lookin forward to runnin into some friends, new and old.

Eric &gt;Fri to Sun

Chris Cass
03-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Thanks Dr.D.,

I'm running on a budget and will get that entry fee in early. You and Wally are the best and thanks again.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
03-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey,

Who you callin old? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You got a hug comimg brother.

Regards,

C.C.~~can't wait, Eric, Wendy, Dr.D. and still looking for others. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
03-03-2004, 10:12 AM
Cass,

It's usually warm inside but bringa jacket because it's been known to be cooler outside(40's at nite). Also, you can leave your smokes at home because after 1 day, the smoke level in the joint will be enough to get you by if you just breathe deep /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I would get your entry in yesterday-the event usually has a waiting list...

Most of the hotels are booked. I know of one about 4 miles away in Norristown. It's nice and the rates are cheap (less than $60 a nite)
Budget Inn-830 W Main St,Norristown 610.279.0150

Eric &gt;see ya there

Barbara
03-03-2004, 10:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr>
I would get your entry in yesterday-the event usually has a waiting list...

Most of the hotels are booked. I know of one about 4 miles away in Norristown. It's nice and the rates are cheap (less than $60 a nite)
Budget Inn-830 W Main St,Norristown 610.279.0150

Eric &gt;see ya there <hr /></blockquote>

That's a great rate for that area. And I would hurry and get that entry fee in, too. They have to close the field soon to start the charts and print up the player's badges.

Barbara

Rich R.
03-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Cass, if you are walking around, or playing, it is warm, but if you are sitting in one of the pro arenas, watching, it can get drafty and a little chilly. Bring a variety of clothes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Layers are always good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As Eric said, you should have registered yesterday, so don't wait. Send it in ASAP. They do not take charges over the phone for anything.

Although I would guess that most of them are booked already, here is the list of hotels from Hopkins' web site. Most are withing a mile or two, but you will need transportation. To the best of my knowledge, there are no shuttles, but some one else may know better.
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/hotels.html

We're looking forward to seeing you and Spike.
Are you going to be able to spring Heide loose, so she can come along?

Barbara
03-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Rich is right, there are no shuttles to bring you to the Scanticon if you are staying out of walking distance.

Barbara

dg-in-centralpa
03-03-2004, 11:24 AM
I'm definitely going to be there. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow CCB'ers.

DG - will pay Barbara her chocolate candy plus an added chocolate surprise

Rod
03-03-2004, 12:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Good morning /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's very thoughtful of you Dr. D.

I'm not planning on attending at this point but I do soooo want to meet Fast Larry /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That is very nice of Dr.D. to provide such a service. If not who knows how all the CCB peeps could get together. Nice touch. I won't be there either but Wally, I want to meet Fast just as much as you do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

~~~ Rod, thought those eastern states was closed for the winter

9 Ball Girl
03-03-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey Chris! Just also want to let you know that the McIntosh Inn still has rooms available. The King size room is about $74/night and it's a 7 minute drive to the convention center. See you soon!

Wally_in_Cincy
03-03-2004, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>...I want to meet Fast just as much as you do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.....<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Me too. Especially after these PM's I just received </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast:</font><hr>

f you a hole

You don't have the guts to tell a lie about me on az becasue you know I will not let it stand and come back to to defend. Instead you drop a lie on ccb because you know I am not on that board. Do please tell the truth, what you did shows what a slime bag you are. You have been doing this kind of crap to me for a very long time slime bucket.

f you a hole

You said I got on pm's and was hacking my lessons. I don't even do pm's, my pm is not even on. If I ever discussed a lesson on a pm it was because somebody asked me a question on my lessons. I am booked solid on lessons now up till June. In my home town, I do not seek new students. Right now I have all I want. You can't be my student when your only qualification is you have a C note to lay on the table. To be my student now you must be worthy and show potential. I am now turning away all unworthy students who come to me and sending them to Scott Lee.

f y a hole

I wrote you I was going to have Guido break your legs, what a lie that is. I do not have other people do my dirty work, If I wanted your legs broke, I would break them my self. I am a lover, not a fighter, I do not attack people nor do I think physical violence is the path to go.

I do have a big ass problem with you and your speading of lies and bull s*** like this scumb ball brains. How about you get off my a**, go brush your tooth and crawl back under your rock maggot

F you a hole

<font color="blue">Sorry for cluttering the board. I'll delete this later probably. </font color>

Cueless Joey
03-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Wally, why are you so mean to Larry?
Send him a dictionary or a spell checker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Better yet, send him Prozak.

Rod
03-03-2004, 02:17 PM
WEll Larry's right about one thing, [ QUOTE ]
I do have a big ass problem. <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Don't ya just love it, what a guy!

Wally_in_Cincy
03-03-2004, 03:00 PM
The goober sent me those PM's and I went to write him back and he's not accepting PM's /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And they thought Marge Schott was flaky /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Paul_Mon
03-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Very kind of you Dr. D I'll make sure to stop by and say hello. Let me relate my own experience with the tournament. I sent in my $75 very early anticipating the entries filling fast. I'm playing in the under 50 event my travel companion in the over 50. A few weeks after my check cleared the Expo website put up the dates for both tournaments. The regular event starts on Thursday morning, the over 50 starts on Friday morning. I had to call and cancel my entry. I'd planned on the tournament being the same as all other years, starting on Friday. I think that many people don't yet realize that they need to be in VF a day earlier. There may be a few matches early Thursday that are won by forfeit.

Paul Mon~~~~50 next year

Barbara
03-03-2004, 03:35 PM
Paul,

You don't think we Amateur Tourny people thought about this?

I'm wondering if there's going to be a big drop in the number of players in the Open event because of the extra day (Thursday).

Sorry you had to drop out. Still hope to see again.

Barbara

TommyT
03-03-2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the hospitality. I'll be arriving on Thursday and will stop by and say hey. I've been watching the list of vendors on the website and I don't see many custom cuemakers. Am I missing something? Looking forward to the tourney. (seniors division) and browsing the vendors. I'm also hoping there is somewhere to play outside of the tournament.

Later............TommyT

Karatemom
03-03-2004, 07:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> We're looking forward to seeing you and Spike.
Are you going to be able to spring Heide loose, so she can come along? <hr /></blockquote>Rich, you're so sweet. I would love to come to see you and Cathy, and everyone else again, but it's just not possible. I'm working between 55 - 65 hour works weeks these days and am already taking 2 days off at the beginning of next month for our BCA State 8 Ball tournament in Waterloo, IA. All of my focus is on that. I'm shooting every night and might even get out yet tonite, even though I have to get to work at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I just hit the 3 month mark at the job so now I begin accruing vacation days, earned paid time off, and get medical/dental benefits as well. I'm already taking 4 hours of EPTO for the state event and the other 12 will be unpaid. It sounds like everyone will have a great time though. I've kind of lost my way around here since the new job, but I'm still around every now and then. Thanks for asking about me.

Heide

Barbara
03-03-2004, 08:24 PM
Tommy,

If you're looking for a room with 9-footers in the area, there's Markley Billiards about 2 miles away.

Look for some flyers at the entrance to the Expo area, after you get your hand stamped. If they're soliciting business, they'll have them on the info desk at the entrance.

Barbara

Barbara
03-03-2004, 08:28 PM
NEXT YEAR!!!

Wait til the hubby and Spike check this out and they'll be dragging you to it next year!!

Hey listen, I'll be watching your "boys" for ya! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Billy
03-04-2004, 03:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr>...I want to meet Fast just as much as you do. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.....<hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Me too. Especially after these PM's I just received </font color>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fast:</font><hr>

f you a hole

You don't have the guts to tell a lie about me on az becasue you know I will not let it stand and come back to to defend. Instead you drop a lie on ccb because you know I am not on that board. Do please tell the truth, what you did shows what a slime bag you are. You have been doing this kind of crap to me for a very long time slime bucket.

f you a hole

You said I got on pm's and was hacking my lessons. I don't even do pm's, my pm is not even on. If I ever discussed a lesson on a pm it was because somebody asked me a question on my lessons. I am booked solid on lessons now up till June. In my home town, I do not seek new students. Right now I have all I want. You can't be my student when your only qualification is you have a C note to lay on the table. To be my student now you must be worthy and show potential. I am now turning away all unworthy students who come to me and sending them to Scott Lee.

f y a hole

I wrote you I was going to have Guido break your legs, what a lie that is. I do not have other people do my dirty work, If I wanted your legs broke, I would break them my self. I am a lover, not a fighter, I do not attack people nor do I think physical violence is the path to go.

I do have a big ass problem with you and your speading of lies and bull s*** like this scumb ball brains. How about you get off my a**, go brush your tooth and crawl back under your rock maggot

F you a hole

<font color="blue">Sorry for cluttering the board. I'll delete this later probably. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

that's a nice way of saying : you're possibly not worthy and may have limited potential

seek instructing advice elsewhere,imo

Billy
03-04-2004, 04:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> CCB Check In, Message Board &amp; Meeting Place

All CCB regulars attending the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge this month will be able to leave messages for those attending, as well as pick up messages left for them, on the message board which will be found at The Billiards Workbook Booth # 22 on the Main Exhibit Level. We will be maintaining a bulleting board for all attending to post and retrieve messages.

Additionally, we will be maintaining a sign in sheet so the CCB regulars will know who is at the show. Those attending the Super Billiards Expo will also be able to use The Billiards Workbook Booth # 22 to leave gear, coats, etc. if they need to.

Visit with us at The Billiards Workbook Booth # 22, as well as to use our Booth as a meeting and rendezvous place for all of the CCBrs who will be attending the Super Billiards Expo in Valley Forge.

Our booth will also have a computer with a high speed internet connection so that we can post updates on the CCB, as well as to allow CCBrs to retrieve their own Personal Messages and respond to other postings on the CCB.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Expo.

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

knowing me I'll probably get lost,what booth is that again Dr D ?

Rich R.
03-04-2004, 04:52 AM
Heide, we will all miss you at the Expo and I know I miss your posts on the board.
I guess the job comes first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe next year.

We will all try to keep the dancing girls away from Chris, but I don't know if we can keep them away from that young stud, Spike. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Paul_Mon
03-04-2004, 05:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Paul,

I'm wondering if there's going to be a big drop in the number of players in the Open event because of the extra day (Thursday).

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

LOL, as Yogi would say "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded." I was looking forward to playing but just can't make it early enough on Thursday.

cueball1950
03-04-2004, 10:10 PM
well i guess i had better show up. If not to just say hi to DR D, Yes we have met before, at castle billiards, and to finally get to see and say hi to barbara and to see CC again along with everybody else i have met on here. looking forward to it for sure...................................mike

Doctor_D
03-07-2004, 07:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DennyS:</font><hr> Sounds Great, will have to stop by and say hi! <hr /></blockquote>

Denny, I am looking forward to meeting you as well !!!

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
03-07-2004, 08:46 AM
BTW big guy,

I thought that was a $hitty deal you paid $30. for a stake dinner the lastime we met. I know it wasn't really anyone person that caused it and you just said take the doe but still. Anyway, can't wait to meet you again and get some stories out of you. I wish you could bring #### with ya. Hey, maybe Dr.D. will tell us a few. I know shes got to have some. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

C.C.

cueball1950
03-07-2004, 08:46 PM
well CC, the 30 did not matter, after all we are all friends. besides it cuts down on the bickering that might happen and i wanted everybody to be happy anyway. actually i had forgotten all about it. Hopefully mr #### will get my picture to me that he keeps promising me and i can show you a picture of the old days. heck i was only about 13 at the time it was taken...............................mike

Doctor_D
03-08-2004, 05:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> BTW big guy,

I thought that was a $hitty deal you paid $30. for a stake dinner the lastime we met. I know it wasn't really anyone person that caused it and you just said take the doe but still. Anyway, can't wait to meet you again and get some stories out of you. I wish you could bring #### with ya. Hey, maybe Dr.D. will tell us a few. I know shes got to have some. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning:

Having worked in Manhattan, as well as having traveled on business through-out the United states, for the past 20+ years, I might have a tale or Two to share.

However; what might prove to be more enjoyable then tales from the road will be "Barbara's Nuts" !!!

Barabra promised me a large bowl of her famous "Nuts" for the Billiards Workbook Booth # 22 ....

See you there ...

Dr. D.

Chris Cass
03-08-2004, 06:37 AM
Hey Mike,

I have a copy of that picture already. Once, I wrote in a post about that same thing. You were watching a match that #### was playing with Willie Musconi. You didn't have a beard then. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You wore what seemed to be a pair of jeans with a long sleve sweat shirt. Your hair extremely neat and parted to the right. Your leaning up against a GC1 and the match was played on another. Musconi and #### were both wearing suits. Boy, was #### looking sharp. The camera likes ####. Quite a looker for a pool player. He looked maybe, 24 or 25? Wish I was there too. I envy you Mike. You've seen the best of the best.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
03-08-2004, 06:39 AM
Hi Dr.D.,

Do yourself a favor and hide some of them for yourself later because, they won't last long. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif See ya at the booth.

Regards,

C.C.

Barbara
03-08-2004, 09:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr>
Barabra promised me a large bowl of her famous "Nuts" for the Billiards Workbook Booth # 22 ....

See you there ...

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, I'll be providing a large bag, you provide the bowl... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~still has some baking to do... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Doctor_D
03-09-2004, 05:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr>

See you there ...

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, I'll be providing a large bag, you provide the bowl... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~still has some baking to do... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad... <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Barbara:

You just gave me an idea!!!

We have 100 Billiards Workbook Ceramic Coffee Mugs which we will be giving out to those who purchase the Billiards Workbook, as well as One (1) each for the 1st 50 CCBrs to visit the booth. We will fill the mugs with your "NUTS" and then people will be able to walk around enjoying them until they need or want a refill ...

Dr. D.

Jimmy B
03-09-2004, 05:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hey Mike,

You were watching a match that #### was playing . and #### were both wearing suits. Boy, was #### looking sharp. The camera likes ####. Quite a looker for a pool player.

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey CC lose the secret squirrel code talking it's giving me a headache. ;-)

JB

Barbara
03-09-2004, 07:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jimmy B:</font><hr>
Hey CC lose the secret squirrel code talking it's giving me a headache. ;-)

JB <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Cashew Boy!

#### stems from the days when the CCB automatically banned words that could've been miscontrued as being "bad". They replaced the words with "#".

#### Leonard is Dick Leonard. A World-class 14.1 pool player whom I hope to meet if JPNEWT gets invited to play at the Golden Cue in Albany, NY. (in 2005, too) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif!

Now say you're sorry... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Doctor_D
03-11-2004, 05:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Dr.D.,

Do yourself a favor and hide some of them for yourself later because, they won't last long. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif See ya at the booth.

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Good morning:

Barbara's "NUTS", to say the least, are awesome! As such, we will all do our share of sampling through-out the day. See you at Vallet Forge!

Dr. D.

p.s.:

Be sure to get to the booth early before we run out of Mugs!

Scott Lee
03-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Dr. D...Very nice of you to offer your area as a message and "stash" area, for CCB'rs at VF! We met briefly a couple of years ago at VF, but I look forward to seeing your workbook! See you in a couple weeks!

Scott Lee

Chris Cass
03-11-2004, 10:55 AM
You should see the mug I'm sporting now. Not a pretty sight. LOLLOLLOL

Regards,

C.C.~~can't wait to see all my friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
03-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Beware Dr.D, There is a tall dark handsome man in your future /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif(with his wife in tow). See you on Saturday (all hugs appreciated).

Doctor_D
03-12-2004, 01:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Beware Dr.D, There is a tall dark handsome man in your future /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif(with his wife in tow). See you on Saturday (all hugs appreciated). <hr /></blockquote>

I look forward to meeting you, your wife and all who will be at the Super Billiards Expo. Additionally, there will be plenty of hugs to go around!

Dr. D.