PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Cues!

PastPrime
03-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Proficient Billiards just returned my Schon in better than new condition! They cleaned it up (it shines like glass), fixed a small ding in the butt that I forgot to mention to them and put on a textured black leather wrap. This Cue is a Beauty! I would recommend them for any refinishing or repair work. Also, on the same day, I got my Sledgehammer Break Cue and it is really a great looking cue, far better than I had anticipated and has a great solid feel to the break and as an extra it plays extremely well just as a cue even with the special phenolic tip/ferrule Mike puts on it. And you soon find out how good your stroke is because you have to hit the ball square and smooth. As you can tell, I'm very pleased with both of these Cues. Now, if I can just stop smiling and focus on the game...

Harold Acosta
03-03-2004, 09:23 PM
In my opinion, Proficient does an excellent job on all cues. I've sent in about 5 cues and they all have come back in super excellent conditions. Their turnaround for repairs is between 10-14 days, and they post all their pending work at their website.

You made an excellent choice for your repairs. Enjoy your cue!

proficient
03-03-2004, 09:30 PM
Thank you for the kind words. I am glad that you liked the work.

Popcorn
03-03-2004, 09:47 PM
I have a friend with a Scruggs that came apart at the front of the wrap. It is a twenty year old cue and Scruggs does not want to fix it, it is probably a head ache. Can you do it? Scruggs was nice and offered him any new cue at half price and they keep the old cue. He does not want to do that though. What to you think?

Harold Acosta
03-03-2004, 09:59 PM
Popcorn, visit their website, send them a picture, they might be able to help.

Look at what they did with this cue:

http://www.proficientbilliards.com/examples/index.htm

I sent in this Schon Cue that had cracks and was chipped all over and it came back better than new:

http://www.proficientbilliards.com/examples/Schon/schoncx24.htm