PDA

View Full Version : advice needed on something

c.holtz009
03-04-2004, 08:42 AM
Hey all!!
The 8-ball league I play in will be winding down in a few weeks, and I would like to start a slightly different league after it ends.
I was considering a 3 man team 9-ball league, where each plaer plays each other a race to 3, and is scored on wins/losses.
Has anyone played in something like this, and does anyone have any advice on how to set this up?
I just want to make sure that it's done well, and get some other points of view from other experienced players to see if it may even fly.
What do you think? Does it sound like a good idea, of do you think flop?

1Time
03-12-2004, 10:48 PM
I played in a 9 ball league once a few years back (we won). Each team had 5 players so there were 25 games to play and all were on 1 bar table in whatever bar we played at. It took for ever. The only way I'd consider joining a 3 man team / race to 3 format is if two tables could be used in order to speed up play. Sitting around waiting for my turn has been the reason I haven't played in a league since.

VBBC_LO
03-16-2004, 11:30 AM
c.holtz009,

One of the divisions I manage is a 9-Ball 3-person team format. It's fun (for those who enjoy league 9-Ball) and it works great. If you are interested, e-mail me for details. Will be happy to help you start yours. vbbcleague@netzero.com.

Chris