PDA

View Full Version : Learning Billiards in Your Sleep (Subliminal CD)

SpiderMan
03-04-2004, 11:11 AM
Serious, or is it a scam?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3591867603&category=13 539

SpiderMan

Eric.
03-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Just for ho ha's, I think Louie Roberts used to be into that stuff and for awhile, he was unbeatable. Supposedly, he would show up at tourneys in a near trance, never say much, and run out from anywhere. Maybe there is somthing to it...

Eric >look into my eyes /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

woody_968
03-04-2004, 02:28 PM
I think it could be both serious and a scam. If someone has skill and is looking for something to put their mental game over the edge then I do believe things like this can and do work. But for someone to think they can simply listen to a tape and gain the skills needed to play pool then they would be getting scammed.

SpiderMan
03-04-2004, 03:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Eric &gt;look into my eyes /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I see lobster feast, at the Rio. Gonna be ready again this year?

SpiderMan

Eric.
03-04-2004, 03:59 PM
I dunno. Looks like it's gonna be a last minute decision. Worse comes to worse, I'll go out for the weekend and play the Open.

Eric &gt;Lobster with a Crab leg chaser...

#### leonard
03-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Spiderman I will post this again because if one wants to get better here is the method that I used. I played with Joe Canton for 2 solid years. He would run 130 miss I would run 10 miss and he would run another 100+. I was the perfect rack boy.

Finally after three months of this, I started to mentally copy his stroke while he was shooting, never realizing that your body can't tell the difference between the real thing and your mind. Soon I started to run 100s with little playing because Joe was doing all the shooting.

I always say to watch great players without putting yourself in their shoes is the greatest waste of a pool fanatics time.

Joe would say that one should practice playing pool in your mind when you're going to sleep. Your mind hates to miss. ####

Barbara
03-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Hey ####,

Mentally copying one's style is okay to do when they're near to your style. I don't suggest mentally absorbing and copying a style when it's not close.

Case in point. I run a Regional Tour. Karen Corr, Julie Kelly, and Kim Shaw as well as Sarah Ellerby have played in my tour. By watching these players so much, I've unconsciously started to copy their style, only to my detriment. I've done bad things that only one BCA Master Instructor could correct. It physically hurt me to try and copy their style.

But then again, having watched them play their patterns of play has helped me immensely. And let's not go there about the snooker safeties I've learned. Ouch! But Karen played a bunch on me and boy did I learn!!

Barbara

But what do I know... I'm just some broad...

woody_968
03-06-2004, 09:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote #### leonard:</font><hr>
I always say to watch great players without putting yourself in their shoes is the greatest waste of a pool fanatics time.

#### <hr /></blockquote>

Tap Tap Tap