PDA

View Full Version : I'm 47

Wally_in_Cincy
03-04-2004, 01:10 PM
I'm 47 now

Kathy bought me a nice pool table light. Right now all I have is some flourescent fixtures in a drop ceiling and they are not over the table.

This is a good thing.

9 Ball Girl
03-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Wally, I know you're now old enough......

You're old enough to know the difference from wrong and right,
You're old enough to know just to walk away from a fight,
You're old enough to know that life isn't always fair,
You're old enough to know that someone is always there,
You're old enough to know that everywhere there is love,
You're old enough to know that there is a heaven above,
You're old enough to know exactly what love is,
You're old enough to know it's true,
And having said that,
Happy Birthday to You!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
03-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Happy Birthday!!!

eg8r

dg-in-centralpa
03-04-2004, 02:18 PM
Happy Birthday Wally!

DG - quit celebrating birthdays years ago

WaltVA
03-04-2004, 02:38 PM
Happy Birthday, Wally. Enjoy the new light -

Walt in VA
(Been trying not to miss any birthdays for the last 65 years - so far, so good.)

Wally_in_Cincy
03-04-2004, 02:46 PM
thank you fellow poolplayers /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think I'll put myself up first in league play tonight and then drink after I win.

Wally~~hates playing at 11:00 pm on a school night.

Eric.
03-04-2004, 02:54 PM
congrats, Wallace; another year above ground /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hope it's a good one.

Eric

pooljunkie73
03-04-2004, 04:41 PM
Happy birthday Wally.

Kent Mc.

Barbara
03-04-2004, 06:29 PM
All right Wally!!

Happy B-D!!

Barbara

Keith Talent
03-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Congrats, Wally. Here's hoping you stay a field goal ahead of me for the foreseeable future.

Ralph S.
03-04-2004, 06:38 PM
HBD WALLY!!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

PQQLK9
03-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Happy Birthday Wally /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cueball1950
03-04-2004, 10:12 PM
and may you have atleast 47 more wally. hope to see you soon,maybe at the billiards expo.....................mike

Chris Cass
03-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Happy Birthday Wally,

YIPPIE....

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.

Rich R.
03-05-2004, 05:13 AM
As usual, I'm a day late...........

Happy Birthday Wally. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-05-2004, 07:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> ....I think I'll put myself up first in league play tonight and then drink after I win.

Wally~~hates playing at 11:00 pm on a school night. <hr /></blockquote>

I played last. Lost to a 3 /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This girl was freaking gorgeous. She had absolutely no concept of cueball control but she could literally make any shot on the table.

At least I got about 12 bad rolls out of the way. So I've got 12 good ones coming next week.

It was also the bartender's birthday. His name is Lee Lipsky. He's from England though. Probably not related to Steve. They bought us a cake with a rack of pool balls pictured on it. Has anybody seen those? Must be a digital icing machine.

Thanks for the good wishes you CCBers.

pooltchr
03-05-2004, 08:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>I played last. Lost to a 3 /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This girl was freaking gorgeous. <hr /></blockquote>

All things considered, not a bad way to spend a birthday!
HBD, young man.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-05-2004, 08:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>I played last. Lost to a 3 /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This girl was freaking gorgeous. <hr /></blockquote>

All things considered, not a bad way to spend a birthday!
HBD, young man. <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah it wasn't bad /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
03-05-2004, 09:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>They bought us a cake with a rack of pool balls pictured on it. Has anybody seen those? <hr /></blockquote>Happy Birthday Wally. Hope today is just as good...

My birthday was a few weeks ago and I had company coming over, so I thought it might be fun to get a pool-related birthday cake. I went to one bakery and asked if they could make a cake like a pool table. "No" was their definitive answer. If it wasn't in their book, they couldn't do it. But, a cake is a rectangle, a pool table is a rectangle... No.

I went to another bakery, and they were willing to try, and drew up a brown border with huge black "pockets" in the corners (and I reminded them about the side pockets), and they could pipe on a couple of pool cues, but didn't know what to do about balls. They suggested using gumballs as the pool balls. Just didn't seem right, and it was expecially weird with tiny balls and huge pockets. I asked if they could paint the balls on, or use icing for the balls, but they couldn't do that.

I didn't get a birthday cake. You're lucky. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-05-2004, 09:46 AM
I don't know how it's done but they can even put a photo on a cake (drawn with icing). Anything that is digitized can go on there. The pool balls were just clip art they put on. I'm sure they have golf, baseball, etc. etc.

Tom_In_Cincy
03-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Happy 'belated' Birthday "Big GUY"

Wishing you continued happiness and many returns of the day.

Qtec
03-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Is that all?

You sound like you are 74. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats Wally.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
03-05-2004, 01:12 PM
Happy Birthday Wally!

Have you put up the light yet? Yes lights in the right place are a good thing.

~~~Rod, Um a few days late

Wally_in_Cincy
03-05-2004, 01:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Happy Birthday Wally!

Have you put up the light yet?

<font color="blue">It has to be hard-wired. I won't do that. Luckily I ran into an electrician friend last night at pool league. </font color>

Yes lights in the right place are a good thing.

~~~Rod, Um a few days late

<font color="blue">Just one day.

Wally~~can replace a wall outlet but THAT'S IT !! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

Wally_in_Cincy
03-05-2004, 01:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Is that all?

You sound like you are 74. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

You sound like you're 17 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks Q

Vagabond
03-07-2004, 09:24 AM
Cheers Wally!Happy belated birth day.
Vagabond