PDA

View Full Version : any good inexpensive cue sites other than ebay?

04-24-2002, 01:38 PM
i'm hoping to buy a sneaky pete soon... my current two cues attract too much attention from money players and i need more practice still to get close to my shooting ability from a few years ago(bought them when i had a better income and intense interest in billiards..before medical issues). a predator or custom with a predator shaft..or custom with the Meucci 5/16-18 pin. or complete custom(titanium uni-lock)..will literally make me more content. i've been scoping ebay for things and bought a shaft and other stuff but often the auction fever eventually places used items at the same or higher price as new...are there other cue auction sites? yahoo is terrible in my opinion for cues. there are some terrifically specialized auction sites for other hobbies, any for billiards? is there a site that sells for serious discount/blowout prices? is it possible to find a predator shaft for less than $175? not so you bring out the violins..i have been impressed with the Barringer site but..i really cannot wait that long to get a cue. any help greatly appreciated.
sincere best regards,
^v^

Nostroke
04-24-2002, 02:11 PM
just go to a good pool room and buy what u need.Youll know what u r getting. A friend of mine bought a cue on Ebay. He saved $30 and got a cue shaped like a Banana

bigalerickson
04-24-2002, 02:19 PM
While getting a great price on what you want, when you want is a wonderful thing. The reality is that in the billiards realm, life just doesn't work that way.

If you want a cue, just how you want it, you wait for it. you buy a pool table, you wait to have it delivered. I would suggest either waiting to get the shaft, or go and buy a nice 50 dollar cue at any pro shop.

I just personally don't like taking a risk, like buying a cue, other than an extremely high quality cue that is new online. There is just no replacement for first hand, and seeing it.

I may be wrong, but those are my thoughts. Also, you might want to personal message MaineEAck. He has some sneaky petes, for a good price, and can deliver within about a week, and their custom to exactly what you're looking for.

bigalerickson

04-24-2002, 05:00 PM
i think you may misinterpreting my lack of time..it is not impatienence. i also now have severly limited funds.
best regards,
^v^

04-24-2002, 06:10 PM
if you have a personaly semi-private great place to look but don't want it posted on a message board then please e-mail me at vampirebird@hotmail.com
i give my word any information that i am requested not to share i will never reveal.
best regards and in hope,
^v^

04-25-2002, 10:14 PM
sorry for the tickled post. i understand that "best price" and fast is a silly ideal. i know billiards cues are a very personal choice. still through this, anyone have a recommendation?
best regards,
^v^