PDA

View Full Version : Just the beginning.

Chris Cass
03-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Well,

Today started off great so far. Locked myself out of the house as I went to take Spike to school. I thought he started up the car. Asked him if he did and thought he said yes. He said he's going out to the car. We were running a wee bit late and I thought, I even heard the car running.

It was freezing out. Not really very cold but the wind was brutal. We walked to school togather as my father-in-law has my spare key and he lives like a block down from the school. I argued half the way to the school with Spike about the conversation concerning the stupid car keys.

Lastnight, I washed my tennis shoes and forgot to put them by the heater. Well, they were damp to boot. Just can't wait to see what else could go wrong today. Atleast I got off our entry fees for VF yesterday. Watch, they don't get the M.O. Well, sent it priority mail so, well see. Oh, Spike did manage to step on my clean shoes as he was deciding which door to go in. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~think I'll carry a spare key in my wallet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Don't know why but I'm going to attemp to hit some balls today. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Barbara
03-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Oh this is classic! Better not get into any money games today, kiddo!

I had a fun morning, too. I got a letter from my auto insurance company telling me they were trying to send something in the mail to the lienholder on The Beast and it got returned to them. Turns out, they've had an incorrect address to my credit union for 3 years! I ask them why this is the first time they've had their postage returned. They couldn't answer that one.

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Rod
03-05-2004, 01:08 PM
CC,

Sorry about your bad day. Well you learned something, you need a spare key. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif For what it's worth I did the same stupid thing a few years ago. So----- I had a key made, then I got a nail, then tacked the nail up between some branches in a near by tree and hung the key there. It was an evergreen so the key was not visable unless you really looked. You'd have to know it was there. I sold the house so I imagine it's still there. LOL

Moving forward----- I come home late the other night after a birthday party and a few beers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif When I got home I couldn't find the house keys. Rather than try to wake up the Arizona State sleeping champ I decided to go down the block wall to the back yard since the back door is rarely locked. Did I mention I had a buzz. LOL Well I crawled up on the 5' wall, then it turns into a 7' wall, went down it on my hands and knees (I'd have fell off if I tried to walk) it's about 30' long, thank heavens the neighbors doberman was inside for the night. Dropped down from there and went in the back door. The next morning I found my keys about 7' behind my car. Well who knows but in my stuper I dropped them somehow, probably when I got my cue out of the trunk. I now know (again) I need a spare key.

~~~Rod, has spare car keys

dg-in-centralpa
03-05-2004, 05:14 PM
Does Murphy's Law apply here? Last month I was in my car, parked, talking to a client, during a cold rainstorm. Didn't I get out of my car to go for lunch, lock my door, only to realize that my keys were still in the ignition. I don't have a spare with me, and the wife works too far away. So I called a locksmith. Cost me $66 to unlock it.

DG - wasn't very happy that day

DG -

Tom_In_Cincy
03-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Chris.. sorry to hear about your misfortune..

Mine is a similar story..but no cold weather..

I had my wife leave work, drive home to get the spare key and then drive to where I had parked with my key left in the ignition and the door locked.

Bless her heart... when she arrived she immediately went to the passenger's door and opened it up.... I always lock my side.. I thought she always locked hers also.. (now.. you know this has cost me a few 'honey dews' over the last 20 years.. and she still remembers getting me an extra key made for my wallet.) I really like the new keyless system.. you can hear all the locks engage.. .LOL

And, she has never locked herself out of her car or her house. ... humbling experience to say the least.. I hated that day.. it lasted for months.

Chris Cass
03-06-2004, 02:17 AM
Well,

Sounds like everyone has had a few bummer days too. LOL I was suppose to meet Heide for lunch and take the car in the shop for a est. Anyway, after getting home from my father-in-laws I grabbed my cues and headed out the door. I tourtured a friend of mine at the pool hall.

The funny thing was he said, "What's bothering you?" I hadn't said a word other than heads. I replied, "Aaa, I got locked out this morning and still can't believe, I walked about 2 miles." Then, apologized for not haven said anything. He said, "Aww, that just breaks my heart." I said, "What's your problem?" He said, "You know you just broke and ran 4 racks on me?" We were playing BCA runout 8 ball. I apologized again. I just didn't realize it. Goes to show ya. Sometimes were not responsible for what happens. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif BTW, I came up dry on the snap after hearing that crap. LOL (Jinkst again)

Regards,

C.C.~~thanks for the kind words everyone.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
03-06-2004, 06:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Don't know why but I'm going to attemp to hit some balls today. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Practice your break for a while. That should relieve some frustration. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
03-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Hi Jim,

On the contrary. I'm not frustrated in the least. Just funny how life throws them curve balls. I keep bouncing back though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif You know what I'm talking about.

Regards,

C.C.~~practicing Target pool for VF. That's another curve ball but I won't go into it. LOL