PDA

View Full Version : Wally In Cincy Wins 14.1 Match for Championship

Tom_In_Cincy
03-05-2004, 01:58 PM
Wally took on the best of his division and whooped them all. In the finals Wally won easily 100-79 over the other Division winner.

Wally will be presented a plaque and CASH for this accomplishment at the season ending Cincinnati Straight Pool League's grande Party held at Snookers Pool hall.

Congrats Wally... a nice b'day present to yourself...

All that practice does payoff.

SPetty
03-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Woo Hoo! Way to go Wally! Congratulations on a great accomplishment.

Barbara
03-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Way to go Wally!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif So what was your high run?

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Rod
03-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Will it be on ESPN? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif JK, congrats Wally sounds like your game has jumped a notch or two. Having that home table must help a bit too. Have fun at the party!

Rod

Wally_in_Cincy
03-05-2004, 02:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Wally took on the best of his division and whooped them all. .... <hr /></blockquote>

There's the key words /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Schlep division /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

To anybody that cares, in the CSPL playoffs you are grouped with those a similar skill level. Since I played in such a tough regular season division my wins and points scored put me in the lowest division.

I went 3-0 in the playoffs then faced a guy in the finals for $100 and a trophy. Beat him 100-79. It wasn't really that close.

Thanks Tom. Hey, maybe we can get a results write-up in Inside Pool. I'll remind John to send them the info. I'll make sure he gets my big 28-ball run in there /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

P &amp; B won't publish CSPL results anymore I don't think. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-05-2004, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Way to go Wally!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif So what was your high run?

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad... <hr /></blockquote>

In the finals? About 12 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Fortunately my opponent could only run 6 /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

In the regular season 28

Wally_in_Cincy
03-05-2004, 02:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Will it be on ESPN? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif JK, congrats Wally sounds like your game has jumped a notch or two.

<font color="blue">I don't know. It comes and goes. My cueball contol is a bit better and my knowledge has improved. I always seem to get out of line somehow still. </font color>

Having that home table must help a bit too.

<font color="blue">It doesn't hurt. </font color>

Have fun at the party!

<font color="blue">Grady's doing a clinic in the front room while the party occurs in the back room. I think he's going to hang out with us a while after his clinic. Should be fun. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

eg8r
03-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Congratulations!!!

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
03-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Way to go Wally!!! Hell, a win is a win is a win! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy&lt;---likes Barbara's new tag line... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

MikeM
03-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Way to go Wally! Congrats.

Why is this on th NPR? This is front page stuff.

MM

dg-in-centralpa
03-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Congratulations!

DG - wishes there was a 14.1 league nearby

Tom_In_Cincy
03-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Mike,, for the life of me.. I don't know why this is in the NPR forum... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith Talent
03-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Considering you were playing to 100, did it take 2 nights? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Way to go ... nothing but champions around here.

PQQLK9
03-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Congratulations Wally...when we meet I will give you two (2) DOG BISQUITS /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ralph S.
03-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Good Job Wally. I am glad to see some successes come your way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Cass
03-06-2004, 01:57 AM
Wally,

Way to go big Daddy!! I knew you were no push over. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~steering clear of that Cincy dude... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
03-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Congratulations Wally and Happy Birthday too!!!

Jim

Rich R.
03-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Wally, your not getting older, your gettin better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What makes me think you will not be in the same division next year? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-06-2004, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> ...What makes me think you will not be in the same division next year? /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah I know.

Actually I have played in the next highest division before....and got hammered /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My standing in this league pretty much depends on who signs up each session. About a year ago we had some newbies and some weaker players and I was getting to where I was just below the middle of the pack. This past session a bunch of really good players signed up and that put me back in the "whipping boy" category. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kato
03-06-2004, 11:56 AM
You don't think 28 balls is a strong run? You've got awfully high standards. I just like getting into the teens as consistently as possible.

Wally is officially the Champion of Hamitucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Did they through a big party for you at the Hamiltucky Tavern?

Kato~~~says nobody can ever take Wally's "Champion Status" away from him.

cueball1950
03-06-2004, 07:40 PM
ok wally. the jig is up. your true skill level has been revealed. I'll take 100 to 80 and you break for the cheese.
and bring your trophy. we can play for it.........mike