PDA

View Full Version : Cough-Cough, Stuck At Home Doing Dent Repairs :-(

Sid_Vicious
03-06-2004, 01:12 PM
Ok I'm bored! My usual day into Dallas to play this Saturday(and Friday for that matter) has been put on hold due to a chest cold which turned into plain and simple feeling miserable. So, after hitting just so many balls on the home table, I decided to try out some of the many mothball'd cues I have in the cue rack, and immediately found pecks and dents, so out came the needle and magnifier for dent repairs. Funny thing was that I noticed the 314 shaft didn't have any of these, and I don't really know why, but someone asked if the hypo-needle routine worked on the 314, hence I looked to see so-as I could report the results,,,sorry no dents in that shaft.

MAN what a bummer! It's 65 degrees outside, sun shinning, a fine motorcycle in the garage, 30 minutes away from fun with the pool hall crowd, AND I'M TOO ILL TO GO! Oh well, at least there's the 4x8 in the living room...sid~~~jus' ramblin' for lack of anything else to do,,,somebody start posting so my refresh button quits replying to my own posts

Wally_in_Cincy
03-06-2004, 01:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> ...somebody start posting so my refresh button quits replying to my own posts <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry about the cold. That sucks. If you're really bored you could go to AZB and plow thru The thousands of mad rantings from...uh...you know who.

Wally~~working today

Sid_Vicious
03-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Let me slam a few cold ones down before I enter that snake pit...couldn't hurt. Being sick at home ain't that bad, and yet somebody ELSE is probably jumping on "my fish" while I'm not there at the PH today. Hope Flipper knows when to quit givin' away "my money" before it's all gone ;-) sid~~~not really serious...well maybe just a tad

Wally_in_Cincy
03-06-2004, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Let me slam a few cold ones down before I enter that snake pit...

<font color="blue">Be careful. With a few cold ones in you you might lose control and actually respond to him /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think Jim Beam kills germs BTW </font color>

Being sick at home ain't that bad,

<font color="blue">Sometimes your body just shuts down on you. It forces you to slow down for a couple of days. Gives me a good excuse to do nothing except read a good book. </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

Wally~~don't got no "fish" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

woody_968
03-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Sorry to hear your feelin bad Sid.

I havent tried your method with the needle yet, but I did try the one with the iron the other day on a few dings I had (man I hate the metal on Valley bar tables). I must say it worked like a charm on all that were reasonable. I have one that is so deep I dont know if I will ever get it out. It was on the cue when I bought it so I have no idea how they could have put such a small deep ding in the shaft.

ras314
03-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Sid,
That was me asking about the 314 dings. Wondering if all that glue was waterproof and the needle bit should limit the amount of water.

Woody...One way to get a narrow deep nick is to wack some types of table light shades.

Sid_Vicious
03-06-2004, 09:43 PM
ras...You may have something with the theory of the glued splices, I did not have hardly one noticable nick in the 314 at all, so maybe it doesn't dent easy for the same reason it wouldn't take the water drop repair trick. I'll try it if and when I do get it dented and let you know the results...sid

stickman
03-06-2004, 10:37 PM
They may not ding as easily, but they will ding. I fixed them the same as any other shaft. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ras314
03-07-2004, 08:23 AM
I think the 314's ding easier than most good shafts. The wood seems quite soft.

Sid is much more careful with his cues than I, lots of dings in mine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

About the first time I've seen NPR thread turn pool related. Blame it on Sid's sick leave hobbies? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif