PDA

View Full Version : Getting Even !

bigshooter
03-07-2004, 05:16 PM
I played in a monthly tournament this weekend at a local room and I got kind of tickled because this young kid was playing a more established player and the kid called a foul on the guy for grabbing a ball out of the pocket and using it to check the clearance of another ball that was close to a rail which is a foul.

So the guy gets all bent out of shape and starts pissing and moaning about the kid being nit-picky over all the rules so the kid tells him "usually I wouldn't even call that foul on someone but I did it to you for a specific reason and I'll let you know what it is when the match is over"

So the kid goes on and beats the guy who is completely out of sorts by this time and it turns out that at sometime in the past this guy was the young kids first match ever in a tournament and once when the kid won a game he forgot to move his marker "penny" and the guy let him break then informed him that he forgot to move his marker and the last game didn't count.

So score one for the kid - he finally got his day!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Candyman
03-07-2004, 06:47 PM
You gotta love it when a plan finally comes together! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
03-07-2004, 07:09 PM
If you dont move your penny before you break the game doesnt count? Never ran into that one, that would suc!

Ralph S.
03-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Sounds like this kid got some good 'ole fashioned retribution. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigshooter
03-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Yeah, almost everyone at this monthly tournament is a good natured guy except this particular guy so he really deserved it.

I'm sure you have ran into his kind before, whenever he loses a match its everyones and everythings fault except his own, he complains the entire time he is playing, if anyone talks or moves anywhere near his general vicinity in the room he goes off on a rant.

By the way , I made into the second day of the tourney but failed to cash but I had some really good matches, went out on a 5-4 loss, ya gotta love those hill-hill matches. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Perk
03-08-2004, 09:33 AM
I think that is terrible for a monthly tourney to carry people over to Day 2 and not be in the money. Most tourneys around here have you in the money before you stop playing on Day 1.

IMO, there is nothing worse than playing all day in the losers bracket of a tourney, and kickin ass, just to stop and come back the next day (cold) and not be in the money. Should at least win something to help contribute for the extra night hotel/drive/food.

dooziexx
03-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Kudos to that kid!! That was great what he said to that guy... Probably threw him off the entire match wondering what the reason was....

03-08-2004, 11:27 AM

UWPoolGod
03-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah I think it is kind of like using a piece of chalk to mark your hit spot on a rail or for a guide on kick shots. Or setting your cue on the table to find the bank angle without your hand on it. I have often though about pulling a ball out but just eyeball it to get an approximation. Hopefully I can just get a good set up ball to break it out or set up on the opposite side for the shot.

bigshooter
03-08-2004, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> If you dont move your penny before you break the game doesnt count? Never ran into that one, that would suc! <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah and the worst part is this is a very friendly tournament overall, the players usually remind one another or move their marker for them.
I just consider it common courtesy myself but I guess some people will do anything to get a win.

cycopath
03-08-2004, 12:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigshooter:</font><hr> Yeah, almost everyone at this monthly tournament is a good natured guy except this particular guy so he really deserved it.

I'm sure you have ran into his kind before, whenever he loses a match its everyones and everythings fault except his own, he complains the entire time he is playing, if anyone talks or moves anywhere near his general vicinity in the room he goes off on a rant.
<hr /></blockquote>

Is it Earl Strickland?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Frank_Glenn
03-08-2004, 01:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote UWPoolGod:</font><hr> Yeah I think it is kind of like using a piece of chalk to mark your hit spot on a rail or for a guide on kick shots. Or setting your cue on the table to find the bank angle without your hand on it. I have often though about pulling a ball out but just eyeball it to get an approximation. Hopefully I can just get a good set up ball to break it out or set up on the opposite side for the shot. <hr /></blockquote>

BCA rule 3.42 DEVICES specifically prohibits it, I don't have an APA book handy. The BCA rule may be what you were thinking of.