PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Excel 97!

Barbara
03-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Any Excel wizards out there? I need help.

Last weekend's event was a new event and I added a column in my worksheet to reflect it. So Prime Time is in column "D". However, to total up a player's Regional
Tour points, I created indivdual formulas in column "L" to sum the points in each row. So for row 5 the formula in column "L" is =SUM(E5:K5).

So my problem is, I have to go through each sum cell and change the formula to =SUM(D#:K#).

Is there any way I can select the whole column and edit the formula generically?

TIA,

Barbara~~~pulling her hair out...

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Wally_in_Cincy
03-08-2004, 11:10 AM
After you fix the first formula try copying it and pasting it to the other cells. I think it's a "relative" formula as opposed to an "absolute" formula.

maybe /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

eg8r
03-08-2004, 11:36 AM
If I am reading your question correctly, are you wanting to move the function all the way down the column adding its respective columns per row. If so, then this should work...Highlight the first cell that has the function. Move the cursor to the bottom right corner of the cell. The cursor should change to a solid black "+". At that point, hold down the left click button and drag it down to the last row you want to add.

eg8r

Barbara
03-08-2004, 11:39 AM
Wally!! That was it!! You're a genius!!

I love ya, man! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~now trying to gure out how to put hair back into scalp...

Barbara
03-08-2004, 11:41 AM
eg8r,

I got it!! Thanks!

Barbara~~~happy happy...

eg8r
03-08-2004, 11:43 AM
No problem. I am not sure if you used my method, but like everything else, there is more than one way to do anything in excel. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
03-08-2004, 12:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Wally!! That was it!! You're a genius!!

<font color="blue">Now if I can just convince Qtec of this fact. </font color>

I love ya, man! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="blue"> I love you too sweetie. Oh wait, this may be a "cliquish" CCB post /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I take it back. </font color>

Barbara~~~now trying to figure out how to put hair back into scalp...

<font color="blue"> WD-40, baking soda, or Duro Super Gel (only if it has been kept in a Tibetan mayonaisse jar and squeezed in a vice). </font color>

<font color="blue"> If I'm da' man, you da' broad /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>