PDA

View Full Version : Scoring beads

poolq
03-08-2004, 12:15 PM
I have some wooden scoring beads that I need to mount. Does anyone have plans on how to do this. I want them to look nice when I put them up.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Scoring beads at Petty Point Pool Hall somewhere in the boonies of East Texas (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=93281&page=&vie w=&sb=&o=&vc=1)

SPetty
03-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Just an FYI - the slack in the line was bothering me a little, so I tightened it up a few months after I made it.

Thanks, Wally, for saving me the trouble of looking up that post. A lot of good ideas from a lot of knowledgeable folks... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

poolq
03-08-2004, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the help.

Rod
03-08-2004, 06:29 PM
For what it's worth. I made a wood bead set with 10 beads on each side. I stained one red for the center and glued it in place. The other beads were white except the # 5 bead which was black. All beads were 1" in diameter with appx a 7/32" hole in the center, which can be bougght at a craft shop. They slide on a 3' long 3/16" diameter brass rod which can be bought at a welding supply. The ends were bent to match the angle of the chain comming down to support the light. I used them for 9 ball but if you need more, like for 14-1 then you have other suggestions.

Rod