PDA

View Full Version : Olhausen Rails

Regulator
03-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Hi,

You guys are really a Godsend. I deal with technology forums all the time and every post degenerates into shouting about Windows/Mac/Linux. Someone will ask about a LCD monitor and the thread will end up with people stating that they hate Bill Gates. Really sucks.

By mostly lurking, I've come to informed decisions about balls, cloth, slate liner, cues and lots of other information. Thank you all for having a great forum.

As I try to determine my 8' "furniture" table choice, I'm leaning towards an Olhausen. AAA Billiards in Orange County, CA sells Olhausen and supposedly has a good reputation and so many of you have spoken out against the lower/middle Brunswicks.

Also, no local Kasson dealer. I may look at the Diamond Jubilee/Tiffany (aren't the pockets tight ?). American Heritage is $1,000 cheaper, but the money isn't that important. (I don't play for money, I just hand over the money first. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

What about the difference in Olhausen rails compared to many others ??

Would a novice really notice the difference and how big of a difference is it as I get better, if I was playing at home and going to local bars ??

Thanks for your help.

Iowashark
03-09-2004, 07:56 AM
I have an Olhausen 'furniture' table at home and I have no complaints. The rails are lively, and in my opinion, play better than lots of rails on bar tables. The one thing on bar tables that sees the least amount of maintenance are the rails. With the Olhausen, as long as the table is not abused, you should find their furniture tables very satisfactory.

Frank_Glenn
03-09-2004, 08:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Iowashark:</font><hr> I have an Olhausen 'furniture' table at home and I have no complaints. The rails are lively, and in my opinion, play better than lots of rails on bar tables. The one thing on bar tables that sees the least amount of maintenance are the rails. With the Olhausen, as long as the table is not abused, you should find their furniture tables very satisfactory. <hr /></blockquote>

Olhausen rails are cut a little different. Not a big problem, but you will see a difference with banks and kicks. As long as you are aware of it, you should be able to adjust.

Cueless Joey
03-09-2004, 10:06 AM
Olh has a different rubber. Very good quality but plays just a little different as Frank mentioned.
Artisan makes great tables too. Their rubber is made for them from Canada. The frame on their tables are really good for the price. They make their tables pretty. You can have your table done pretty much anyway you want.
Robert there used to sell Olhausen at Best Billiards.
They are at:
Artisan Designs Pool Tables
1037 South Melrose Street
Placentia, CA 92870
(714) 632-9888

http://www.artisanpooltables.com/tables.html

tateuts
03-09-2004, 11:43 AM
My Olhausen has lively rails. The rails have a lot of bounce but they don't "grab" on english shots like some others. With Simonis 860, the active rails, and some premium balls, it is a playing machine.

Chris

RUNaRAK
03-09-2004, 02:14 PM
I agree with Chris. I love the accu-fast rails on my Olhausen. They are very lively and I like the way they bank. No matter what table you play on, there is some minor adjustment when switching over tables. My rating of the rails would be very high.