PDA

View Full Version : Accu-stats DVD vs. VHS formats

DoomCue
03-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Is there any content difference between the Accu-stats DVDs and VHS cassettes? I know the DVDs cost more, but is there any more content like behind the scenes footage, or extended interviews?

-djb

SPetty
03-09-2004, 11:35 AM
I don't know.

Maybe the accu-stats folks can help. Send email to accu-stats@accu-stats.com.

cycopath
03-09-2004, 01:13 PM
I was wondering how well the DVDs worked.

The only reason I say that is I ordered a DVD from WorldPool.com and it would only play about 30 minutes and then it started skipping and locked up my DVD player. I then tried the same DVD in my computer with the same results. I emailed WorldPool and they sent me another one (and included a second DVD with a diffrent match on it, which I thought was nice of them) and it did the exact same thing so I gave up. I probably should have asked for a VHS copy after the second DVD didn't work.

By the way, the 'bonus' DVD they sent didn't work either. Oh well, screwed again...

RailbirdJAM
03-09-2004, 01:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> I was wondering how well the DVDs worked.

The only reason I say that is I ordered a DVD from WorldPool.com and it would only play about 30 minutes and then it started skipping and locked up my DVD player. I then tried the same DVD in my computer with the same results. I emailed WorldPool and they sent me another one (and included a second DVD with a diffrent match on it, which I thought was nice of them) and it did the exact same thing so I gave up. I probably should have asked for a VHS copy after the second DVD didn't work.

By the way, the 'bonus' DVD they sent didn't work either. Oh well, screwed again... <hr /></blockquote>

Cycopath, this link may explain any difficulties you encountered. Hope this helps:

Problems playing foreign DVD's (http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answerstips/story/0,24330,3456434,00.html)

RailbirdJAM

cycopath
03-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Thanks Jennie, but it's not a region problem. I believe these DVDs are not region coded anyway.

Drake
03-10-2004, 03:27 PM
I have three of the U.S. Open DVD's. They have exactly the same material as the VHS except for the Menu. The Menu enables you to go to the break of any rack #. I'm happy with them because I can watch them 100 times with no damage to the source.

ras314
03-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Do the DVD's have better video quality? I have trouble telling which ball is what on most VHS tapes.

DoomCue
03-11-2004, 07:03 AM
Thanks Drake.

-djb

Alvin
03-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Hi Everyone,
Sorry about the Worldpool DVD's not working. We have had some problems with the stickers on top of the DVD's not being pressed down enough. So this is what is making the DVD skip out. We were pretty much doing the entire production and manufacturing of these DVD'S in house at the start of the company. Now we go through a DVD maker. The newer DVD's work perfect, and I am sure If you email Bryce, or Aaron they will make sure you get replacements that work. I will also notify them of the problem you had. They always respond to all questions, and problems immediatly. All of the UPA Pro Tour matches are now featured on Microsoft Windows Media Player sports page.We had some really good commentation on the championship matches in L.A. The players are real professional athletes, and gentlemen on and off the table.