PDA

View Full Version : John "Flip flop" Kerry

eg8r
03-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, here is the latest flip flop that has been mentioned about Kerry... <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Newsmax:</font><hr> Tuesday, Mar. 09, 2004 10:56 AM EST
Kerry Praised Clinton for Snubbing Iraq War Allies

Likely Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry has repeatedly slammed President Bush for not getting the cooperation of European allies before attacking Iraq last year.

But in 1997, Kerry praised President Clinton for preparing to attack Iraq by deploying ships, aircraft and troops over the objections of France and Russia.

In a Nov. 1997 audiotape broadcast by WABC Radio's Monica Crowley on Monday, Kerry painted Clinton as resolute for putting U.S. war plans against Baghdad in motion.

"The president has, in effect, put military action on the table," he told CNN's "Crossfire."

"Secretary Cohen canceled his trip, the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff canceled a trip, troops are deployed, the aircraft carriers are being brandished. There's no misunderstanding here about where the United States is prepared to go," the Massachusetts Democrat assured.

Kerry praised the Clinton White House for thumbing its nose at our European allies.

"Clearly the allies may not like it," said the top Democrat, before suggesting that France and Russia were spineless.

"Where's the backbone of Russia, where's the backbone of France, where are they in expressing their condemnation of such clearly illegal activity," he railed.

Kerry also praised the White House for giving the United Nations the brush off.

"The [Clinton] administration is leading. The administration is making it clear that they don't believe that they even need the U.N. Security Council to sign off on a material breach because the finding of material breach was made by [U.S. weapons inspector Richard] Butler."

<hr /></blockquote> Here is a link to the article (http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/3/9/105907.shtml). I know, I know, I got the article from Newsmax which may be viewed as Conservative, but I wonder, why isn't this on CNN or CBS, etc. Should not the big media guys be showing the same thing if it is true? Or has this just become too redundant and the "conservative" media is wanting to ignore the fact that Kerry flip flops back and forth depending on who is running the show at the time? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Yeah, that must be it.

As far as Kerry is concerned, what has happened since then (1997)...Did the "evidence" disappear or was Kerry lying? Why wasn't the validity of the evidence questioned by Kerry when Clinton was in office? Lastly, in Kerry's effort to cut intelligence funding when did he decide the Intelligence community did not have the right data? When Bush became Prez?

eg8r

Wally_in_Cincy
03-09-2004, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr>
...why isn't this on CNN or CBS, etc. Should not the big media guys be showing the same thing if it is true?

<font color="blue">You bet your ass it would be if it was Reagan or Dubya. </font color>

...the "conservative" media...

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <font color="blue">Just seeing those 2 words together makes me laugh.. ha ha </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

Kerry has more flip-flops than Myrtle Beach in August.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Along with the Great Communicator we now have....

the Great Explainer LOL

eg8r
03-09-2004, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> the "conservative" media...
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wally:</font><hr>
Just seeing those 2 words together makes me laugh.. ha ha <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote> Well, you know what nhp and Pat Buchanan say. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Rich R.
03-09-2004, 01:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Should not the big media guys be showing the same thing if it is true? <hr /></blockquote>

The real question is, is it true? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Can we believe anything in the media today.
It seems that all media sources have their own slant on everything they report. It has been noted that may legitimate newspapers will print a story and their source for the story is the National Enquirer. We all know how reliable they are. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif