PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up and hangin out at the poolhall

bigalerickson
03-09-2004, 11:08 PM
I am curious if any of the ccbers have had or know of people that have good luck meeting that special someone at the poolhall. Maybe its simply a pleasant fantasy..... I've never thought it until I got beat tonight by a girl that is about my speed...

Anyway, I'm just curious if there are any good stories out there worth telling on the subject.

Thanks,

Alex
"In matters of style, you must swim with the current....
In matters of principle, you stand like a rock" - Thomas Jefferson

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 07:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigalerickson:</font><hr> I am curious if any of the ccbers have had or know of people that have good luck meeting that special someone at the poolhall. ... <hr /></blockquote>

That's as good a place as any I suppose. There's a lot of good-looking ladies playing in leagues around here.

My girlfriend Kathy and I have been together for 4 years. We hung out at the same tavern and played together on several APA teams. We also played in a few scotch-doubles tourneys. Her husband was a pool player but he didn't like playing tourneys. He would rather sit at the bar and drink.

We were just friends. I never hit on her. I didn't ask her out until they had been divorced for a year.

UWPoolGod
03-10-2004, 09:16 AM
I was playing at a poolhall in Seattle against a friend. A girl walks up to BS with him for a while and has her own cue, then takes off. I see her at a bar tourney the following night and I introduced myself. We went out a few nights later and were together for a 8 months until I had to move to Portland for work. Good shooter.

Chris Cass
03-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Hi Al,

I met my wife at the pool hall in a bowling alley. We've been married going on 13 yrs the 18th of this mth. She's 15 yrs younger and after spending the last yr fighting Cancer and she's been there the entire time for me. I'm very lucky. You too can meet someone at anytime. It's a fate thing IMO. I only have God to thank. He was good enough to send me someone with poor eye sight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 09:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Al,

I met my wife at the pool hall in a bowling alley. We've been married going on 13 yrs the 18th of this mth. She's 15 yrs younger and after spending the last yr fighting Cancer and she's been there the entire time for me. I'm very lucky.

<font color="blue">Yes you are /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

You too can meet someone at anytime. It's a fate thing IMO. I only have God to thank. He was good enough to send me someone with poor eye sight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="blue">I know the feeling pal /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

Good luck,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Candyman
03-10-2004, 10:23 AM
I was shooting at my local bar a couple of months ago and a killer looking girl comes in and puts here money up on the table beside me. When her turn comes up, she whips out a custom cue and proceeds to run the table. I am trying to play and watch her and was amazed at her speed. Out of the first three racks, she runs two. Later on that night we get hooked up for a few games and had a good time. I was in the process of looking for one more player for our team on APA and mention this to her. She is highly interested. We made plans to play again a couple of days later and I was to go over the details. She had never played in a league before. In the mean time I find out she is a dancer at a topless club. Now, I don't have anything against her occupation, but I am a happily married man and I am not sure my wife would be very understanding. We did play again and I got her on another team. I had to tell her that a former player had changed his mind and joined our team and we were full. By the way, I am a hero in the eyes of the other team. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> ...When her turn comes up, she whips out a custom cue and proceeds to run the table. I am trying to play and watch her and was amazed at her speed....<hr /></blockquote>

Lock,

I've told this before but what the heck.

When I go into a strange bar with Kathy I'll put quarters up. Inevitably they will be playing partners.

<font color="red">"You need a partner buddy. We're playing partners"</font color>

<font color="blue">"Well I guess my girlfriend could play" </font color>

The look on their faces when she runs the table is priceless /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rich R.
03-10-2004, 10:35 AM
Sounds like job discrimination to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

03-10-2004, 10:43 AM

Chris Cass
03-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi Candyman,

Once your married for awhile (don't know how long you've been married) your wife would know if anythings not right. They've got this sixth sence. Anyway, you need to trust yourself a little. We know your in love and happily married so, why would the subject of a teammates job have anything to do with your personal life? Why should the team give up a good player, that has sharking ability, for nothing?

I think you should give your wife some credit. I also think you should have, asked her opinion before giving this player up. I know Heide wouldn't mind if I got togather a team with all exotic dancers and me. You have to show /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif who wear the pants, and lay down the law.

Regards,

C.C.~~I'm the king in this jungle baby. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
03-10-2004, 11:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I know Heide wouldn't mind if I got togather a team with all exotic dancers and me. You have to show /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif who wear the pants, and lay down the law.

<hr /></blockquote>

HaHaHaHaHa /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
03-10-2004, 11:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> C.C.~~I'm the king in this jungle baby. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

Oh yeah. That's exactly what we want you to think... heh heh heh... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara

but what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 11:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>...You have to show /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif who wear the pants,

<font color="blue">LOL you're so full of it /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

and lay down the law.

<font color="blue">Only problem is she makes the laws /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

Regards,

C.C.~~I'm the king in this jungle baby. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="blue">You're a slow wildebeest on the plains of the Serengheti and you know it dude /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

I'M THE MAN OF THIS HOUSE ....till she gets home.

CC cracks me up /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Perk
03-10-2004, 11:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Candyman,

You have to show /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif who wear the pants, and lay down the law.
Regards,

<hr /></blockquote>

I am the king of my jungle, and I do wear the pants in my family! My wife just tells me which ones to wear /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Btw: I dont think I could have pulled an exotic dancer past my wife and claim that she is a pool player 1st! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara
03-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Wally,

CC should be careful that Heide's not up in the tree with a machete while he's swinging from the vine. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~Wally knows the score... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

woody_968
03-10-2004, 11:55 AM
My wife and I will have been married for 14 years this Aug, we met in a pool hall. but She never really played pool at any serious level.

SPetty
03-10-2004, 12:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Once your married for awhile (don't know how long you've been married) your wife would know if anythings not right. They've got this sixth sence. <hr /></blockquote>Hope you didn't learn this the hard way! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I met my husband of 25 years in a bowling alley too. So, based on your perfect marriage and my perfect marriage, I'd say the bowling alley is the place to meet 'em. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woody_968
03-10-2004, 01:03 PM
The pool room I met my wife in was in a bowling alley as well, there could be something to thit theory /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Candyman
03-10-2004, 04:58 PM
Lock,

I've told this before but what the heck.

When I go into a strange bar with Kathy I'll put quarters up. Inevitably they will be playing partners.

<font color="red">"You need a partner buddy. We're playing partners"</font color>

<font color="blue">"Well I guess my girlfriend could play" </font color>

The look on their faces when she runs the table is priceless /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<hr /></blockquote>
Wally, This is not a good idea. My wife kept up with the Lorena Bobbit trial to closely. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Candyman
03-10-2004, 05:20 PM

Once your married for awhile (don't know how long you've been married) your wife would know if anythings not right. They've got this sixth sence. Anyway, you need to trust yourself a little. We know your in love and happily married so, why would the subject of a teammates job have anything to do with your personal life? Why should the team give up a good player, that has sharking ability, for nothing?

I think you should give your wife some credit. I also think you should have, asked her opinion before giving this player up. I know Heide wouldn't mind if I got togather a team with all exotic dancers and me. You have to show /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif who wear the pants, and lay down the law.

Regards,

<hr /></blockquote>
CC, I think women have more than six sences. They don't think like we do at all. It took me three marriages to finally figure this out. They are not of this world! As far as who wears the pants in the family, she will readily tell you it's me. She takes care of all the small stuff like where we are going to dinner, vacation destinations, what type of car to buy, that sort of thing. I take care of the important stuff, like whether to invade a foreign contry, taking care of the grass, cleaning out the attic. You get the idea. I am "THE MAN".

As far as the team of exotic dancers go, I think my wife would tell me one is one to many. I have see too many Dirty Harry movies to push this sweet lady too far. A man has got to know his limitations and I don't know if I have fired 5 or 6 bullets! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SteveFromNY
03-10-2004, 05:25 PM
I have one kinda...

My gf hated pool before I met her. She got hooked pretty much after I introduced her to Tony Robles and watched him play. She played with me for about a year and now she's a solid D+ 9-ball player. (This, coming from someone that barely knew how to hold a bridge.) Recently, she started playing straight pool with me and caught me with a -16 third foul! I slipped ok!?? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyway, it's just such a rush to play competitively with her. She shoots with a Joss and 314 combo and kicks ass at kicks! Don't ask me how!?? Especially multi-rail kicks.

Candyman
03-10-2004, 05:25 PM
I had told Candy this whole story and she thought it was pretty cute. A couple of weeks ago we run into her at a bar and I pointed her out. She told me I was a wise man. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
03-10-2004, 07:14 PM
All I ever met was other Pool players wives.
And they were usually there to haul their husbands OFF..

When I spent my youth in a pool hall, most decent ladies didn't come into these types of places. Maybe that's why I never met any there. Pool Halls were more of a Men's Club.. Most of the time, if a lady entered the pool hall it was either the owner or the owner's wife.

Thank God all that has changed... but then again.. if I was 21 and in ventured into some of the really great pool halls of TODAY.. I probably would have never learned how to play pool.. way too many pretty ladies having fun.

Thank God, I am too old ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif and BTW, I have been mistaken to have taken my daughter to a pool hall..

pooltchr
03-11-2004, 06:29 AM
I didn't meet my wife in a pool room, but after our wedding, we did rent out an entire pool room to hold the reception. After all the food and drinks, everyone ended up spending a few hours playing pool. Since most of our friends are pool players, you can imagine how much fun everyone had.

Now I guess the honeymoon is over. Last night, she asked me "Aren't you going to the pool room tonight?" Do you think she was trying to get rid of me for a while???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gideon
03-11-2004, 09:25 AM
This thread put a smile on my face.

Anyhows, to answer the original question, since college every girlfriend I have had I met in a pool hall or by playing pool. Most of them were waitresses at the hall I go to. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I was even engaged to the manager for a while... till I discovered that she really really liked pool players... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
03-11-2004, 09:31 AM
Hi Candyman,

I can sure talk a mean game but everyone knows, I'm full of it. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

bigalerickson
03-11-2004, 10:13 AM
welcome to the ccb gideon.

thanks for story... ill be sure to wary of those managers!!

Alex

SRpool
03-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Hey I have a story too. Maybe we all date other pool players so we don't get in trouble for playing pool??

My boyfriend actually beat me gambling when I first met him. He kept wanting to play and I kept trying to get my money back. After about 10 sessions of breaking even (even though he doesn't play as good as me, just had more experience gambling at the time) we decided to be friends. Then after about a month of being friends and finding people other than each other to beat out of money we started dating. Now scarily, it is almost 3 years later /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Sarah

Candyman
03-11-2004, 03:12 PM

I can sure talk a mean game but everyone knows, I'm full of it. LOL

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

You are full of heart my friend. I am so glad you are doing well. Regards, Lock /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kato
03-11-2004, 04:40 PM
No /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Kato

bigalerickson
03-11-2004, 07:24 PM
No comment.

-Alex &gt;due in major part to jealousy.