View Full Version : Technology

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Technology is great isn't it. I especially like

computer drafting

pay at the pump

speedpass

and cell phones

and with all that time saved I can spend it on another great tech advance: the internet

eg8r
03-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Yes it is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I would not have a job if certain new technology was not here yet?

eg8r <~~~Especially hates cell phones and pagers

Chris Cass
03-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Hi Wally,

I like toilets you don't have to flush. Also, the computer control on the cars. It's great that plugs last so long when the engine is controlled to fire when it's suppose to and although I like fixing on my own it's nice to go have the thing scanned at Auto Zone for free. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Cueless Joey
03-10-2004, 09:29 AM
What's next? A paperless society? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 09:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Wally,

I like toilets you don't have to flush. ...<hr /></blockquote>

Wow I forgot about that one. I first time I was in Atlanta Hartsfield airport they had bathrooms with no doors, urinals that flushed automatically, faucets that came on automatically, and paper towels you just pulled off and you didn't have to crank the stupid thing by hand.

I was in heaven /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
03-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Hi Wally,

We have them at the rest stops here in Il. I stop at the one before the Galesburg exit. It's so clean you could actually think about picking up your comb, if it dropped on the floor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~hasn't used a comb since???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 10:56 AM
yahoo yellow pages

mapquest

the Santa Fe quesadilla maker

George Foreman grill /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PQQLK9
03-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Luv these indoor toilets /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 11:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Luv these indoor toilets /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

I remember when my grandparents got electricity back in the hollers of Eastern Kentucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

then a couple years later, hot and cold running water.

Cueless Joey
03-10-2004, 12:10 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> Luv these indoor toilets /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL

I remember when my grandparents got electricity back in the hollers of Eastern Kentucky /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

then a couple years later, hot and cold running water. <hr /></blockquote>
Bath tubs came before the invention of the telephone.
So, some actually enjoyed being on the tub without some telemarketer calling them in the middle of the night. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I remember our first color tv and betamax. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Both Sony. The Sony betamax weighed around 40 lbs. and was a top load.

Rich R.
03-10-2004, 12:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I remember our first color tv and betamax. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Both Sony. The Sony betamax weighed around 40 lbs. and was a top load. <hr /></blockquote>
I remember our Sylvania TV, with the "Halo Light".
That was long before Betamax. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Iowashark
03-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Video games.

I just wish they'd quit making new ones, cause then they stop making the games for the old ones and you don't have any choice but to upgrade. I'd be content if they were still making games for my Intellivision. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

moblsv
03-10-2004, 01:57 PM
Now this is practical. Technology really is a benefit to mankind

Turn your GPS into a pub detector! This free GPS Map of pubs in and around London, England includes nearly 500 waypoints to some of Britain's best pints of beer. Very convenient for auto-routing car navigation units. Just select a "pub-point" and head in the direction of the arrow.

http://www.travelbygps.com/guides/england/pubs.php

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote moblsv:</font><hr> Now this is practical. Technology really is a benefit to mankind

Turn your GPS into a pub detector! This free GPS Map of pubs in and around London, England includes nearly 500 waypoints to some of Britain's best pints of beer. Very convenient for auto-routing car navigation units. Just select a "pub-point" and head in the direction of the arrow.

http://www.travelbygps.com/guides/england/pubs.php <hr /></blockquote>

After that you may need one of these:

alcohawk personal breathalyzer (http://www.q3alcoholdetectors.com/alcohawk.htm)

Singlemalt
03-11-2004, 06:03 AM
Computer drafting? Wow, hard to imagine how it used to be. I was a mechanical engineer and when I first graduated and passed my E.I.T. the first firm I worked for only had (1) computer for CADD. We did all drawings by hand and quite a few was done by ink. Ahh, the good ole days! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-11-2004, 06:56 AM
I started drafting in 1992 at the age of 35. Learned on the computer (AutoCAD 10)

When I worked at a furniture/cabinetry manufacturer I did some light design and sketch type drafting. But I have never officially worked at a drafting board.

That used to piss off some of the older engineers and architects I worked with. They would say "You need to know how to use a drafting board". I would just say..."Why?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~knows a lot of places with a lot of unused drafting boards

Singlemalt
03-11-2004, 11:37 AM
Wally-

Yea, the good ole drafting boards! I tell another thing, I remember doing all those drawings by hand, which of course means that ALL lettering was done by hand. Whew! My handwriting is gone to $&amp;%^&amp; since I never had to do that anymore. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Another nice technology upgrade: Plotters today vs. the plotters from 10+ years ago.