PDA

View Full Version : Congress and baseball

eg8r
03-10-2004, 08:06 AM
What do you think about Congress stepping in to help motivate Baseball to deal with the steroid issue?

Here is a link to an ESPN article (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=1755319) that talks about the subject.

I personally feel that this is not a Federal Government issue? Are there not more pressing needs for our country than to worry if baseball players are using steroids? Biden does have a good point about the effect MLB players have on children, however I don't remember anything in the Constitution that says the Federal Government should become the parents for young athletes. Leave this to the kids parents to worry about. I personally feel the Government should be putting the responsibility back on the Parents and make them responsible for their own children and the children's actions.

eg8r <~~~Big words for a soon-to-be dad

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 08:13 AM
They are trying to justify their own existence.

Disgusting.

JPB
03-10-2004, 08:35 AM
It is ridiculous for congress to get involved. However, baseball should lose its antitrust exemption. The blather spewed in congress about that one has been something else over these many years. Baseball is a business like any other and should not receive any special protection. I am sick of all the false sentimentality over baseball. I used to buy into some of it. Now though, another george will article on it and I might shoot myself.

eg8r
03-10-2004, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now though, another george will article on it and I might shoot myself. <hr /></blockquote> Well, do not let it bother you that much. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I agree, baseball is a business and should be able to handle this themselves without the almighty government stepping in and helping out.

eg8r &lt;~~~Believes war on terror is much more important than Bonds and Sheffield hitting homeruns

Kato
03-11-2004, 04:23 PM
I only have one thing to say. Don't they have anything better to do?

Kato