PDA

View Full Version : Friends

Chris Cass
03-10-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to ask where these people come from? They're amazing. They're these people that are there for you. They give you things coming from their heart. Some valuable and to them means nothing to express their feelings. Some just a gift of a hello and a smile. Making you feel your special. They're there through thick and thin. I just think they're amazing. I'd like to thank them.

Regards,

C.C.~~wants to be a friend as good as the ones I have.

SPetty
03-10-2004, 10:51 AM
We're here for you when you need us, sweetie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(sounding clique-ish, oh well...)

PQQLK9
03-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Some people just make the people they associate with better /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
I will see you at Valley Forge.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-10-2004, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
(sounding clique-ish, oh well...) <hr /></blockquote>

so be it /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally~~in c.c and spetty's corner

I thought this thread was about that elton john song /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
03-10-2004, 11:06 AM
Good people, attract good friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
03-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Well, you know what they say, "Friends Happen". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~did I miss something?...

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Troy
03-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Right you are CC. I also find it amazing that people you might not even know are there when you need a smile... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Take care,
Troy

Perk
03-10-2004, 11:57 AM
True friends are hard to come buy. I have many friends, but it would narrow if I tried to make some of them true friends. True friends "DO", not "Say".

Consider this: How many times have you been hanging out somewhere (lets say the poolhall), and someone that you would consider a friend or a good friend says: "Saturday I will be moving to a new home." How many people have said or have you ever said "I will be there to help ya". And low and behold, they or you dont show?

How many people have you heard say: "If you need help doing ___________, let me know, I would be more than happy to help ya?" Then while talking with them, you mention (not ask directly), that you will be doing ________ on Tuesday. Do they offer then? Or stop by to help?

Too many times, people say in public that they would be more than happy to help you or someone, just so they look good in others eyes, but when it actually comes to "DOing" they dont follow through.

&lt;--I always try to practice the following through or being helpful to friends. I know what its like to need help, but I am prepared and willing to help others also.

9 Ball Girl
03-10-2004, 03:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> We're here for you when you need us, sweetie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

(sounding clique-ish, oh well...) <hr /></blockquote>How's this for a clique-ish picture:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid81/p72fefa31923fa6351c9292fe82961b96/fafbae19.jpg

As the Internet grows and becomes a part of our lives, it brings with it a unique opportunity to meet people we likely would never have met in any other way. And very often, those people we meet on line will become friends. Sometimes, very close friends.

Wendy&lt;---can't wait for September!

dg-in-centralpa
03-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Friends never ask "Why", they help when and as needed. Friends are willing to listen if that is all you want, or give any insight as needed. But we are all here for each other.

DG - hoping to meet you at Valley Forge

Ralph S.
03-10-2004, 04:38 PM
TAP! TAP! TAP!

Ralph S.&gt;proud to be C.C.'s friend /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

cueball1950
03-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Well Mr. CC. You are a class act just like many of the people on here and i call it a pleasure to have you and the family as friends.................................mike

Chris Cass
03-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Hi Perk,

You have to know the difference between a friend and an acquaitance. You also must realize a friend wouldn't expect much of their friends. The friend you descibe is family. Now, if your stuck beyond belief and turn to a friend and tell them the importance of the help you need then, they should be honest with you and take a stand.

Me? I don't expect anything and when they do come through, it's like the biggest surprize. The friend you descibe is the Best friend and the Best friend is the one you marry. Good friends are the ones you can tell anything and they're on your side regardless of the outcome. The friends that help you move should be the friends that you'll help move. 50/50 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

stickman
03-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Chris, I'm glad to call you a friend. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You've been there to cry on my shoulder a few times. Thanks, Jim

SPetty
03-11-2004, 07:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> The friends that help you move should be the friends that you'll help move. <hr /></blockquote>Friends help friends move ... real friends help friends move bodies... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
03-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Hi SPetty,

Real friends sell bunjee's that don't work to other friends cheap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Your a good friend to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~hope one day I'll see SPetty without the cast. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
03-11-2004, 08:38 AM
BTW, That made me feel really good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I was not doing well then. A little better now but things take time.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.~~talking friendship, Wendy brings a lot to the table. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
03-11-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi Perk,

After re-reading my reply to you. I didn't like what I said. It seemed to be condesending and that I didn't want to come across being. Your a good man and it's not like you haven't been around the block. Sorry, if you took it that way. I like you sir and I would never intentionally insult you.

Regards,

C.C.~~friend of Perk. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-11-2004, 08:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> BTW, That made me feel really good. ... <hr /></blockquote>

You always feel good when you're sporting morning wood.

I didn't say that /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Perk
03-11-2004, 09:52 AM
CC,

I didnt take it as an insult in any way. It is just an example that Friends come in many different ways. But, I consider my friends as Family. I too dont expect ANYTHING from friends, and am surprised and blessed when they offer assitance. I try to be a helper, not a user. Maybe what I said didnt come out right the first time?

Anyways, I too believe that friends come from many different places, one of which is from the internet. How many people here will stop in to relate their ideas and thoughts just to "get it off their chest"? The majority of people here definately offer great pool advice etc, but there is alot of heart/feeling that goes into the posts as well.

&lt;--just hoping to make the big trip someday to an event where other CCB's are in attendance.

&lt;--I too am a definately a friend of CC's. Heck, I almost made a trip out your way, just to visit and shoot some stick. (I dont think I have road in the car with my wife that long yet /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
03-11-2004, 10:41 AM
Hey Perk,

Your "The Man" buddy. That made my day. Tell you something. One day I was shooting and I got a call, at the counter. I never get calls that often. Well, it was Voodoo. I said, "Who is this?" He said, "Voodoo". I said, "Get out". He said, "really". That blew me away. Really should have paid him for the 2 minutes they charged him for me not believing it was him. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~believe it or not. The friends I've met and made here are the closest friends I've ever had in my entire life. I'm not kidding. I require very little from a friend. I require a straight up answer in a serious situation. I require honesty, even if it's blunt. I require, acknowledgement in public. Such as a simple hello. I also require, them to accept my help if I offer or a gift from myself or family.
Looks like were alike Perk. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
03-11-2004, 10:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> --just hoping to make the big trip someday to an event where other CCB's are in attendance. <hr /></blockquote>
Perk, so far, there are two events, which are the best to meet CCB'ers.

The first is the big BCA championships in Las Vegas. I believe that is in May at the Riviera Hotel. Unfortunately, I have not been able to make that one, YET, but a lot of the CCB population does attend.

The other is the U.S. Open in September, where, for the last two years, we have had a CCB tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
That has been great.

We don't let any little damn hurricane bother us. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Pick one, or both, and start making plans. The more, the merrier. You will never meet a nicer bunch of people. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

SPetty
03-11-2004, 10:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> The other is the U.S. Open in September, where, for the last two years, we have had a CCB tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
That has been great. <hr /></blockquote>Keep talking like that and I'm going to have to seriously consider making the Open this year.

Sid_Vicious
03-11-2004, 12:45 PM
A good friend really listens to what you have to say, and a true friend hears the things you don't say. I've had many good friends and only 3 true friends, one being my dear old mom, one past away, every one I could tell even my darkest secrets to without worry or question. Disappointingly speaking, GFs and wives have proven to be too defensive and competitive in their nature to make either list for me. Congrats to those who found a best friend, married them and had it stick...sid~~~believed he'd found that perfect friend in a woman once, only to find the next level of hurt from over-trusting, and that was not so long ago :-(

Rich R.
03-11-2004, 12:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Keep talking like that and I'm going to have to seriously consider making the Open this year. <hr /></blockquote>
SPetty, all I can say is, in Virginia, you get a chance to watch the absolute best players in the world, and you also get to watch the U.S. Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just realized, I had another senior moment. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'am getting ready to pack my bags and I forgot to mention the Super Billiards Expo, at Valley Forge.
Many CCB'ers will be there, roaming around the custom cue booths, with glassy eyes and tongues dragging. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Perk
03-11-2004, 01:10 PM
My goal is to shoot and attend in the US Open, so that could be a possibility, hopefully soon. I dont think the Vegas trip will ever be an option. I have joked around with the wife about going to Vegas, and she WONT let it happen when there is a major event. If I suggest Vegas, she knows there is a pool tourney. She would want that to be a FAMILY vacation, not a pool priority. But, I can get away with the driveable distance tourneys. At this point, my road partner and I have went as far as Detroit/Chicago. In the Marine Corps, I used to drive 15.5 hours back and forth from Jacksonville, NC to Michigan at least once a month. It wouldnt take much to get used to a 9 hour trip again. The only problem now is taking time off of work. Still might happen this September though... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SPetty
03-11-2004, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> A good friend really listens to what you have to say, and a true friend hears the things you don't say. <hr /></blockquote>One of the wisest men I've ever known taught me to stop "reading into" things people say. Just take what they say for what they say and believe that they're saying what they mean with no ulterior meaning.

As a stupid example: When someone answers "I don't care" to the question about where to go out for dinner, that's what they mean. They don't mean "I'm saying 'I don't care' but I'm hoping that you'll read my mind and suggest my favorite Chinese food restaurant."

Like the stereotypical female thing of expecting the man to read her mind... Expecting the man to remember her birthday, for example, and getting upset when he doesn't. My take on it is if it's important to me that he remember my birthday, then he's getting more and more frequent reminders the closer that day is!

I've learned that I can't read others' minds, and I don't ever expect someone to read my mind or to hear the things I don't say. If it's important, they'll hear it. And I don't think anyone will ever hear my darkest secrets. They're dark, they're secret for a reason. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope I wasn't out of line here.

Perk
03-11-2004, 02:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
As a stupid example: When someone answers "I don't care" to the question about where to go out for dinner, that's what they mean. They don't mean "I'm saying 'I don't care' but I'm hoping that you'll read my mind and suggest my favorite Chinese food restaurant."

Like the stereotypical female thing of expecting the man to read her mind... Expecting the man to remember her birthday, for example, and getting upset when he doesn't. My take on it is if it's important to me that he remember my birthday, then he's getting more and more frequent reminders the closer that day is!

I've learned that I can't read others' minds, and I don't ever expect someone to read my mind or to hear the things I don't say. If it's important, they'll hear it. And I don't think anyone will ever hear my darkest secrets. They're dark, they're secret for a reason. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hope I wasn't out of line here.
<hr /></blockquote>

Not out of line at all. I almost printed what you wrote and even thought about letting my wife read it. Then I thought that might not be a good idea, and that maybe she could just read my mind about it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Good post

SPetty
03-11-2004, 06:39 PM
P.S. So if I've ever offended anyone here by not fully appreciating or understanding what you meant, I'm sorry. It's probably because I was listening to what you were saying instead of trying to figure out what you meant that you weren't saying. If that makes sense.

And if you ever meet me, you'll quickly find out that what you see is what you get. There ain't no hidden agendas here!

Enough of the heavy stuff already - let's play pool!

Barbara
03-11-2004, 06:46 PM
SPetty,

You're cool. Chill. Take a breather.

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...