PDA

View Full Version : Future Mrs. Wally in Cincy wins Hamiltucky POY

Wally_in_Cincy
03-11-2004, 08:50 AM
Greetings CCBers,

My fiancee Kathy has been playing in our local APA league for many years, both in the ladies division and the open division. She has always been a solid skill level 4, occasionally going up to a 5 but not for long.

In March 2003 we took lessons from Scott Lee. He worked on her stroke, changed her stance slightly, and taught us his stroke drills.

In May we had a league-wide individual tournament matching up players of the same skill level (2's played 2's, 3's played 3's etc.) . Kathy won the ladies division s/l 4 group (20+ players in that group).

Her ladies' team went on to finsh second in the annual team tournament (out of 16 teams), qualifying them to go to Vegas. In Vegas they finished 5th-8th out of 64 teams. Kathy went 5-0 so naturally she was moved up to a 5. She has done well as a 5, winning about 50% in the open division and about 70% in the ladies' division (not much competition there).

Last night the LO came to their league venue to present them with plaques and jackets commerating their strong play last year. Lo and behold he presented Kathy with a plaque declaring her "Ladies Divison Player of the year 2003". She was happy.

Having a home table has helped, plus my phenomenal coaching I'm sure.

SPetty
03-11-2004, 10:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Having a home table has helped, plus my phenomenal coaching I'm sure.<hr /></blockquote>Please offer my congratulations to Kathy on a job well done.

I suspect that last sentence of yours is kinda backwards, eh? Perhaps it's your game that's come up a notch by having her available to help you out? Just a thought... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
03-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Wally,

Couldn't happen to a nicer lady.. Congrats..

Wally_in_Cincy
03-11-2004, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>
...Perhaps it's your game that's come up a notch by having her available to help you out? ...<hr /></blockquote>

Ha Ha

That's a funny joke SPetty /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
03-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Well congratulations to the lil lady! Hmmm, maybe she can show us her stuff at the next CCB tourney?

Wendy~~~/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

03-11-2004, 10:48 AM

eg8r
03-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Wow, that is great. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

eg8r

Barbara
03-11-2004, 04:57 PM
All right Mrs. Wally!!!!

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Chris Cass
03-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Hi Wally,

WOW, that's fantastic. That's a nice feather in Scott Lee' cap. That's also more than a pat on the back for her. Her hard work and desire not to mention smarts to pick up on things quickly must have been really rewarding to her. I know your proud of her acomplishments. I know I can't wipe the smile off my face when I see Heide run out.

Please tell her everyone is backing her. Hey, you might even see her someday in Inside Pool. That would be so great. Two thumbs up from the cass clan.

Yippie,

C.C.~~jealous of Fred A. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif but then again now, I can say, I know that guy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
03-12-2004, 11:01 AM
Hey, congrats Kathy on a job well done. Don't be supprised in the near future if Wally asks for weight! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

stickman
03-12-2004, 12:16 PM
Congratulations to Kathy and you. Great job.

Jim

dg-in-centralpa
03-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Congratulations! Definitely had to be Scott's lessons and your coaching.

DG

Ralph S.
03-13-2004, 01:56 AM
I am sure you have gotten her interested enough to atleast lurk here. So, I suspect Kathy will see this herself. Congrats Kathy!. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Chris Cass
03-13-2004, 06:24 AM
Hi W.W.,

I don't think what you said is funny in the least. It's a great help to have someone you love being there for you. Also, you don't have to be an high caliber player to give advice to another.

I know a "D" player that was playing one day and I watched this guy make this shot regular. He went completely the oposite way, I would of. Anyway, the bottom line is you can learn something from anyone.

I know Laura has taken many slams on her advice in the past. I also knew a lot of that the advice she offered came from past posts or things she's learned from Scott' lessons. Nothing wrong with that. It shows, she was listening and that's a good thing.

That stuff drives me crazy. Heide will say, I can't post much because, there's so many players that know more than I. So, she doesn't post. That's obsurd. IMHO I say, put it out there. If someone disagree's then replys with an explination then, that's a good thing and we all grow togather. Who know's? We all can learn a little.

Tell Laura for me, I know her game is improving and kudos for her helping you too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

useless information: Efren enjoys watching low caliber players more than the pros. Why? He said, he knows what the pros are going to do. He figures, the low cal is stuck most of the time and enjoy watching how they get out of it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Read it here.

Regards,

C.C.~~not unteachable. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif