PDA

View Full Version : ' squirt ' and stainless joints and or collars?

dr_billiards
03-11-2004, 11:38 AM
Does anyone but me have trouble with the object ball deflecting using inside english with a stainless joint or collar? I have a stainless collar cue,wood to wood with a radial pin? How can I adjust for this squirt? Anyone know the secret? Thanks,
Doc B /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rocky
03-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Squirt is caused from mass in the end of your shaft, your collar shouldn't have naything to do with it. You amy have a bad shaft, or bent pin in your collar. By a bad shaft I mean that there may be a hard spot in the wood ( harder than the rest of the shaft) that is causing the squirt. Try hitting a straight long shot and rotating the cue 1/8 of an inch each time and see if maybe the squirt is relevant to the cue being turned.

Frank_Glenn
03-11-2004, 05:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_billiards:</font><hr> Does anyone but me have trouble with the object ball deflecting using inside english with a stainless joint or collar? I have a stainless collar cue,wood to wood with a radial pin? How can I adjust for this squirt? Anyone know the secret? Thanks,
Doc B /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Squirt is a function of the cue and will not change. Throw is a fuction of the spin on the ball, the cut angle, how dirty the balls are, how dirty the cloth is, how humid it is, the type of tip, etc. Get Byrne's or Capelle's book and read up on it and practice, practice, practice.
Did I mention practice?