PDA

View Full Version : Sharon Weis

9 Ball Girl
03-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Haven't seen her in the WPBA brackets as of late. Is she still playing?

SRpool
03-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Hey 9 ball girl,

I saw Sharon at the DCC. She said she isn't playing too much anymore because of a back injury. She said she is going to get surgery sometime in the near future and after it heals she will considering playing again. She played at DCC saying that the matches weren't back to back so it wasn't painful for her to play.

Sarah

Vagabond
03-11-2004, 07:05 PM
Howdy 9 Ball girl,
Her friend Nicole muncini is also missing.Sharon is a very attractive women besides a very good player.I hope she will find a cure for her back problem.Cheers
Vagabond

Barbara
03-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Hey Vagabond!

What Happened to Nicole? Along with Sharon, she's another MIA from JPNEWT.

Cheers!

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

SRpool
03-12-2004, 02:06 AM
Good question. Nicole just quit. Sharon told me that Nicole had gotten a regular job and was enjoying that. It's a fun but rough life. I guess the fun has to end eventually. It's too bad. They are both great players and alot of fun to be around. Hopefully they will make a comeback eventually.

Sarah

Vagabond
03-12-2004, 05:41 AM
HI Barbara,
I do not know.Cheers
Vagabond

Nostroke
03-12-2004, 07:46 AM
Unfortunately, the fun usually wears off after a while and reality sets in. If you look at the money list, you see that anyone below the THE TOP 5 grossed less than 20K in the last 10 tournaments (1&1/4) years. Now take away $5000.00 (10 x 500.00) in entry fees and what do you think you have? We havent even mentioned hotel, air and whole lot more.

Now the Wpba is going to make Player Meetings mandatory (the day before the event) meaning the struggling players will have to take more time off from work possibly jeopordizing their real jobs. It's a sad situation.

9 Ball Girl
03-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Best wishes to her. By the way, if you're a touring pro and you stop playing as Nicole did, how long before you get dropped off the WPBA TP list--if it happens? And if you do get dropped off, do you have to go through qualifiers and/or regional tours to earn points again?

Wendy<---if I don't ask, I don't learn.../ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Detroitgirl
03-12-2004, 12:33 PM
The WPBA ranking system is based on a ten-tournament cycle. When you miss one event, you get zero points, while everyone is gaining points. I think it only takes a few events to get dropped off the top 64 list. If you are a touring pro, you lose that status after missing two events (in ten events or a calendar year), and then become an active pro. Once you miss half of the events you become a 'pro.'

If you decide later that you want to play again, you have to win qualifiers again... It's a tough road!

Alice Rim

9 Ball Girl
03-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Interesting. Thanks!

SRpool
03-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Alice,

Sharon was telling me how she got a medical leave for her back that allowed her to keep her TP status for 4 tournaments. She said she just lost her rank but kept status.

I also thought it was pretty funny that it is a women's tour but they don't give anything like that for maternity leave. That is what Sharon was telling me at DCC.

Just thought I would mention that.
Sarah

Detroitgirl
03-13-2004, 12:18 PM
Sarah,

that is for sure an interesting point about maternity leave. Talk about making someone choose between family and career!

Alice