PDA

View Full Version : Very Young Girl Players, Anyone Hava A Daughter...

Sid_Vicious
04-25-2002, 07:07 AM
After the TV boy on the nightly talk show I wondered whether anybody has an acquaintance or relative with a pre teen female starting young and excelling in this sport. Jean B. was mentioned and we know her history, what's the stories from today's up & coming crop of feminine youth? I would imagine that today's generation should be about the most liberated as far as social pressures, so you'd think that if there is serious competition coming for the male gendered pool players that this generation would be likely to produce such a female player.

Anyone with stories???sid

Doctor_D
04-25-2002, 07:18 AM
Good morning;

There is a young lady competing on the NEWT 9 Ball / North Eastern Women's Tour by the name of Alexandra who, at the age of 13, is a very strong and up and coming player. She has routinely defeated some of the veterans on the tour and, even though I defeated her in Lancaster, PA several weeks ago, has made us all work hard for the match victories against her. Give this young woman a few more years and you will be seeing her on ESPN.

Dr. D.

JimS
04-25-2002, 07:21 AM
Only the men are selfish enough to play pool at a very young age.

PoolFan
04-25-2002, 08:53 AM
My daughter is two and she has been on a pool table since she was born. Every night after dinner she asks, "Dada, play pool?"

If she is truly interested in shooting pool when she gets older, I will have no problems in facilitating her interests. But I'm hoping that she'll be more interested in golf, better money and healthier.

04-25-2002, 04:28 PM
Nope. Everybody's selfish at a young age. That's kids.

Then we grow up. At least some of us do.

Fran

JimS
04-25-2002, 04:31 PM
LOL! I KNEW that would pull your chain!

04-25-2002, 04:47 PM
I'm surprised you baited me like that, Jim. I thought we were friends.

At least put a smiley face there so I can laugh with you.

Fran

Vagabond
04-25-2002, 07:18 PM
Hello Mates,
Few days ago,here in Auckland, Newzealand, a 12 year old girl(Miss D.Wilkinsen) beat a very experienced Australia`s number one female (MS. Tammy Cantoni) player in Oceana (Australia and Newzealand) 9 ball championships.
No worries Mates,there are plenty of little girls here playing pool. Cheers
Vagabond

Chris Cass
04-26-2002, 02:46 AM
Hi Fran,

Speaking of smiley faces. You have a very nice smile with dimples to boot.

Glad to here your voice again,

C.C.

JimS
04-27-2002, 09:13 AM
Sorry friend. I assumed you'd know and kinda forgot about how things look in print. And, truth be known, I still have some "feelings" about the "selfish" post that you put up. It seemed very sexist and I'm still trying to figure out just how I do feel about that. The problem is that I can't mount an argument to refute it! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

04-27-2002, 01:16 PM
Ya, and the rest of us just grow OUT. lol! Fortunately I've lost 20 pounds on my new diet (my cooking) so i'm a lean machine now, Ha! St.

PS. Send recipies to "feed Stretch" for his billiards digest. Ohhhhhh bad one.......who rights this crap! LOL

Always a pleasure to see you in print Fran. Your the best. St

04-27-2002, 11:59 PM
I hear ya, Jim. If it makes you feel any better, I acknowledge that there are selfish women out there in the world too. It's just that in the pool community the men clearly have it over the women in that department. I know an awful lot of them pretty darn well.

Fran

04-28-2002, 12:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: PoolFan:</font><hr> My daughter is two and she has been on a pool table since she was born. Every night after dinner she asks, "Dada, play pool?"

If she is truly interested in shooting pool when she gets older, I will have no problems in facilitating her interests. But I'm hoping that she'll be more interested in golf, better money and healthier. <hr></blockquote>

ok, i've got personal experience with a young female semi pool prodigy. early mid-teens, she played with me on a couple of seasons of scotch-doubles. she developed a very respectable game with those young eyes that can see cut angles far away. she confessed that her main motivation and joy was "smushing the boys". later, for reasons i did not fully appreciate at the time, her interest in embarrasing the boys waned.

probably, the young lady we are looking for, who could really shake things up, is tonight in a truckstop outside el paso, gettin weight and makin some. 14 years old and, truth be known, in her second year supporting herself at the table. it's already gettin hard to keep her rep from gettin ahead of her. i figure we'll hear about her in another year or two. she's gunna have to be tough to "smush the boys".

dan

Rod
04-28-2002, 12:45 AM
Well Fran were good at something! LOL Wait a minute, I just insulted my self, er did you? confused! I do think you have a point there, I just hate to live up to that remark! I do know some women that are all as bad or worst, and they play pool. Although it is not "just" the game of pool when this happens in either case.

04-28-2002, 09:36 AM
Ha! Rod, you're too funny. Sure, I totally agree that selfish people of both sexes are into everything, including pool. At the higher levels, though, the ones who will excell will be the ones who put pool before everything else. We women are more prone to assess the trade-off as we go along. We like to do that life-evaluation stuff that makes you guys cringe. LOL!

Fran