PDA

View Full Version : It's back, The Midwest Open 2004!

Bob
03-12-2004, 07:58 AM
The Midwest Expo/Open will be the week of October 6th through 10th, 2004. I have not made a formal announcement until now because I don't have all the info yet. It Is back at Pheasant Run in St. Charles, IL and will have more tables and less vendors this year.

The 8 and 9 ball events are being raised to 512 and we are adding scotch DBL's, ring games, one pocket events, senior event, junior event, a tentative pro event and a whole bunch more.

We have a new website www.pooltournaments.net (http://www.pooltournaments.net) this will be the master board for you to come and see all the new events that we have going on in addition, others are welcome to list their events in a separate area. The site is not done yet and I don't have all the info yet but it will be done very soon.

Thanks to all of you that have been patient waiting for this announcement, and I will have more info soon.

Eydie

Chris Cass
03-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Hi Eydie,

That sounds great. I'm glad to hear it's back. You and Bob try your best to get these things off the ground. I also know you've been taking losses on these events, just trying to get it off the ground. You know with the money Bob is giving up not working his normal job. Just to mention one. Anyway, I for one appreciate it.

Although, I feel a loss without some of the venders the rest is blindingly huge. Count me in, well I'm going to try to do better this time. I'll be more prepared and duct tape my mouth when I pass those Chicago Hotdog Stands. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My regards to Bob and your good son,

C.C.~~seemed the venders there weren't giving out any deals. I believe any big tourneys most venders would give you deals. in Vegas they did. likes Meuler. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dooziexx
03-12-2004, 11:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Eydie,

That sounds great. I'm glad to hear it's back. You and Bob try your best to get these things off the ground. I also know you've been taking losses on these events, just trying to get it off the ground. You know with the money Bob is giving up not working his normal job. Just to mention one. Anyway, I for one appreciate it.

Although, I feel a loss without some of the venders the rest is blindingly huge. Count me in, well I'm going to try to do better this time. I'll be more prepared and duct tape my mouth when I pass those Chicago Hotdog Stands. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My regards to Bob and your good son,

C.C.~~seemed the venders there weren't giving out any deals. I believe any big tourneys most venders would give you deals. in Vegas they did. likes Meuler. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

See you there Chris. Maybe you'll be hanging out at the Portillo's Hot Dogs next to Pheasent Run....

Karatemom
03-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Hey Eydie! that's sounds like a wonderful event! I like the idea of the juniors tournaments. Spike can compete with the adults out here, but I've only ever seen him compete with kids his age one time and he really enjoyed it. You can definitely count me in for that weekend. Don't know about during the week though, but I'm there for the 8 ball - no doubt!!!!

The one pocket sounds very interesting as well. I love playing that game. Been working so hard on the 8 ball game lately, that I haven't had much time to play one pocket. We'll see the competition before I make plans to compete in that one. I would love to watch it if I thought the competition was a little tough for me.

It sounds like you've been very busy coming up with new and exciting ways to juice up your events. You're doing a great job!

Can't wait for October now!

Heide

stickman
03-12-2004, 01:25 PM
A little off subject, but it's good to see you have the time to post. You're missed when we don't see you on the board. Take care, and hopefully the overtime will soon give you a little more free time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

Bob
03-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi again,

There have been several inquirers from exhibitors since I made this post. I do not have all that info yet, but I have started a waiting list for those who wish to participate.

In addition, the cue repair is all filled up and I cannot take any more, sorry..

Eydie /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Chris Cass
03-13-2004, 02:58 PM
Aww Dooz,

Now you went and done it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~if you don't look me up I'll be insulted. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Karatemom
03-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the pick-me-up, Jim. It's nice to see someone still wonders where I am, LOL. I've got another week of OT before March Madness calms down a little. Working between 50 - 60 hour work weeks and shooting 24 - 30 hours per week, there just isn't enough time in the day to do much else, LOL. Nice to hear from you as well. Take care and sure hope to meet you soon, maybe at the Expo????

Heide