PDA

View Full Version : scratching on 8-ball?

liverlipsYYZ
03-12-2004, 09:00 AM
hoping you can settle a dispute. my friend says i lost the game because of the following. i called the 8-ball shot, i made the called 8-ball shot, after the 8-ball went in - the cue ball knocked one of his balls in. i believe that is not a foul and i win the game. please help. thanks.

Rod
03-12-2004, 09:22 AM
It's not a foul on any planet. Here are the most common rules used. Depending on where you play though, people make up weird rules. BCA-Pool (http://www.bca-pool.com/play/)

Rod

Chris Cass
03-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Hey LL,

I always call someone that. hahahahaha Anyway, tell your opponent that their crazy. Oh, also tell him that it's a foul to move the cb a butts width away, when it's against the rail. LOL Still can't believe that's still going on. They'll put the butt end against the rail and put the cb on the other side. I call it YMCA rules. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not to worry though. I always step in and give my .2 on that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~think I called the Cheese that or Kato one day. LOL

Fred Agnir
03-12-2004, 09:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote liverlipsYYZ:</font><hr> hoping you can settle a dispute. my friend says i lost the game because of the following. i called the 8-ball shot, i made the called 8-ball shot, after the 8-ball went in - the cue ball knocked one of his balls in. i believe that is not a foul and i win the game. please help. thanks. <hr /></blockquote>In American pool, playing World Standardized 8-ball, it is not a foul.

However, if you're playing some of the various English/UK 8-ball rules or leagues, it might be a foul.

Fred