PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Pro and Gold Crown III questions.

cycopath
03-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Does a Diamond Pro 9ft have a one piece slate? I thought I read that somewhere.

I've seen a lot of people knock the Gold Crown IIIs. Why is that? Why are the other GCs superior to the IIIs?

Thanks.

Ken
03-12-2004, 04:27 PM
I believe the tables they bring to tournaments are one-piece. The ones you buy are three-piece but they might have one-piece tables available. Greg likes the one-piece slate but it may not be practical so I don't know how far he's going to go with it.
KenCT

ras314
03-12-2004, 05:42 PM
I was told the tables used at the DCC were one piece and were for sale. Believe the tv table was a cocobolo Diamond smart table, bet it ain't cheap.

Just got a three piece Diamond Pro, probably they will sell you a new one piece.

BTW the slate thickness is 30 mm or about 1 1/8" thick.

Frank_Glenn
03-12-2004, 07:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Does a Diamond Pro 9ft have a one piece slate? I thought I read that somewhere.

I've seen a lot of people knock the Gold Crown IIIs. Why is that? Why are the other GCs superior to the IIIs?

Thanks. <hr /></blockquote>
No, it is the smart tables (the coin op models) like those at the DCC that has a one piece slate.

Fred Agnir
03-13-2004, 04:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> Does a Diamond Pro 9ft have a one piece slate? I thought I read that somewhere.<hr /></blockquote> The Diamond Smart Tables have one-piece slate. The Diamond Pros have 3-piece slate, as far as I know.

Fred

Ken
03-13-2004, 06:34 AM
I believe the Pro tables they rent to tournaments are also one-piece. They can flip them on their side and take the legs off. At Naples I watched two people with the help of a spectator (don't look at me) get them onto the hand trucks. They can roll them onto the truck and be out of there in very little time.

Greg was there suggesting to table makers that they all go to one-piece slate.
KenCT

Ken
03-13-2004, 09:19 PM
According to Diamond the Pro does not come with the one-piece slate but it could easily be provided. The one-piece is 1 inch thick not the 1 1/4 so the difference would have to be made up with the backing.

The tables provided at the tournaments are the Smart Tables as Fred mentioned. These tables have the one-piece 1 inch slate. They will be providing a table called the Pro-Am for tournaments which will be the same as the Smart Table with the coin mechanism and the ball sensor left out. It will still have a ball return.

I have heard a report about the gold Crown V (which I didn't know existed). It seems that they are impossible to level and a piece of chalk put on the rail will fall off due to the contour of the rail top. Perhaps the Gold Crown VI will soon follow.
KenCT

kyhogan
03-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Are you certain the PRO AM doesnt' have the cue ball sensor.

Ken
03-14-2004, 07:18 AM
I was told last night that the expensive stuff such as the coin mechanism and the cue ball sensor would be left out. It will be the Smart table with only the ball return. The point is that they need a table with the one-piece slate so they can roll them in and out of tournament sites but there's no need for the components that allow for coin operation.

Fred was correct in that they are the Smart tables. When was Fred ever wrong? I only remember one time and he doesn't even know he was wrong. Even then he was only partially wrong.
KenCT

superB
05-20-2005, 09:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr>
I have heard a report about the gold Crown V (which I didn't know existed). It seems that they are impossible to level and a piece of chalk put on the rail will fall off due to the contour of the rail top. Perhaps the Gold Crown VI will soon follow. <hr /></blockquote>

You were right. According to Brunswick, it doesn't exist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Candyman
05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr> I was told last night that the expensive stuff such as the coin mechanism and the cue ball sensor would be left out. It will be the Smart table with only the ball return. The point is that they need a table with the one-piece slate so they can roll them in and out of tournament sites but there's no need for the components that allow for coin operation.

Fred was correct in that they are the Smart tables. When was Fred ever wrong? I only remember one time and he doesn't even know he was wrong. Even then he was only partially wrong.
KenCT <hr /></blockquote>

The only time Fred has ever been wrong was the time he thought he was wrong and he was really right. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

LARRY_BOY
05-20-2005, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr>

KenCT <hr /></blockquote>

Fred (aka the voice of reason) has never been wrong although once he was mistaken........ /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif