PDA

View Full Version : Your calling in life!?!?!

bigalerickson
03-13-2004, 04:16 AM
My callings in life have varied as widely from professional football player, to professional poker player, and even a very short stint at think being a pool hustler was a good idea, there is even a really embarrassing string that i started about that, and no im not giving the link to that one, if you want a good laugh though look it up.

Anyway, tonight, for whatever reason I don't know what, I realized that I truly in fact was none of these things. And realized that, that what I know I'm good at, I really am good at.

So, I am really curious, especially with those whom have committed their life to the game in anyway (be it playing, building, or running) came to the conclusion that this is what they are good at or want to really commit their lives to? Was there ever a defining moment, where this was simply what you knew you'd be doing for a large portion of you life.

What am i good at you ask?
Well, I am my father's son. My Dad is a successfull land developer. It probably sounds strange to most, but then again so is making money pushing a bunch of ball around a table with a long stick.

Ok, its late and thank you for reading. I appreciate any stories or thoughts you may have.

peace,

Alex - isn't giving pool up.

Chris Cass
03-13-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi Big Al,

Nothing surprizing there. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. One word, Barryszamboti.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif