PDA

View Full Version : Another Moori Question

Sid_Vicious
03-13-2004, 10:09 AM
I am currently using a Moori Q, left rather tall and really enjoy the way it plays. I also have another Moori Q on a second shaft from the same cue which was trimmed down by maybe a third, and I can't seem to get as excited about it's play like I do the taller one. I mentioned this to a player, saying that I thought the taller one was springier, softer maybe, than the shorter, and the other guy said "Moori tips play the same layer after layer, they don't change." Do you think this is exactly true? Maybe the shaftwood is that much different, but I'd have thought that the shorter tip would have logically hit harder than the taller. This has always been the case with my single layered tips, and I thought also the case with all the other layered tips I've tried. Does the Moori retain consistency layer after layer, or is it just as vulnerable to changing hardness?

I doubt that I'll chop off a perfectly(only shorter) Moori, but I'd like to create the same play in both shafts.

Thanks,
Sid

Barbara
03-13-2004, 10:18 AM
Sid,

I think that any tip plays harder the more worn down and thinner it becomes. It becomes compressed over time from all the hits you've made with it.

And when it becomes thinner, more of the ferrule comes into play here.

I bet that if you could record the sound your tip makes now, you'll notice a change in pitch when you're ready to replace it.

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Papasmurf
03-13-2004, 11:47 AM
I have played with all the Morri since they came into the market. I know for a fact that they play harder the less layers you have. Their is two reasons for this... One you are closer to the ferrule and two the more layers removed the more glue. Not to many people no abou how they make the tips but their is more glue on the last few layers.

Sid_Vicious
03-13-2004, 09:41 PM
I thought the guy was full of it, but he had mileage on me in the game, so I had to ask...sid

Chris Cass
03-15-2004, 06:20 AM
DUH, You just answered my question in my last reply to you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

C.C.~~need to read the posts first before I make myself look stupid. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif