PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Irish Linen Wrap

dooziexx
03-13-2004, 10:45 AM
I need to clean my wrap. What solution or detergent would be best to clean it with??

KGeeED
03-13-2004, 10:53 AM
I heard to rub dry corn meal on the wrap. You might want to try this on a cheap cue first. If all else fails get it rewrapped.

WaltVA
03-13-2004, 11:35 AM
You might try Quick-Clean from www.billiardsexpress.com (http://www.billiardsexpress.com) I've heard good reports on it as a table cleaner, and it is advertised for cleaning Irish linen wraps also.

Walt in VA

Papasmurf
03-13-2004, 11:40 AM
I use Resolve. It takes out the chalk, then I use wax paper after it drys. Try it it work wonders.

Frank_Glenn
03-13-2004, 11:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaltVA:</font><hr> You might try Quick-Clean from www.billiardsexpress.com (http://www.billiardsexpress.com) I've heard good reports on it as a table cleaner, and it is advertised for cleaning Irish linen wraps also.

Walt in VA <hr /></blockquote>

Quick-Clean will clean it. It is used differently for this than for cleaning your table. Get a rag and make a big "ball" of the foam (about the size of your fist). Run the grip area into this "ball" and coat it all over the wrap real thick. Wait a few seconds (15-30) but not long enough for all the foam to leave. Wipe the foam off. Then with another rag, wipe it down aggressively. This may need to be repeated if it is real dirty. I used to do wraps at shows for people to demonstrate this. At one show, the guy in the next booth came over and bought several cans after watching me clean the third or fourth wrap. He sold cues and traded cues. He said he could take one in in the morning, clean it, and sell it in the afternoon at a profit. I cleaned a couple that were dark grey and they came out green &amp; white. Use a piece of unwaxed brown cardboard to burnish the wrap after it is clean (make sure there is no writing or color on the cardboard).

Barbara
03-13-2004, 11:58 AM
So what's the booth # that Quick Clean will be at?

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Frank_Glenn
03-13-2004, 04:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> So what's the booth # that Quick Clean will be at?

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad... <hr /></blockquote>
Booth 65. I'm not working but will be around. I will get there Friday afternoon and leave Sunday. The guys in the booth will most likely know where I went.

Popcorn
03-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Are you related to Pete Glenn, he was a cue collector? I used to play bank pool and some one pocket with him now and then when he would be in town. I think I sold him a few Balabushka's and Szamboti's. I know I sold him something.

Frank_Glenn
03-13-2004, 07:52 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> Are you related to Pete Glenn, he was a cue collector? I used to play bank pool and some one pocket with him now and then when he would be in town. I think I sold him a few Balabushka's and Szamboti's. I know I sold him something. <hr /></blockquote>
I don't think so, but who knows. He is in Texas I think (or AZ/NM) I am from NC. We could be related, but I do not know him, although I have heard of him.