PDA

View Full Version : Bonehead Cop shoots self in Ass at ACC game

PQQLK9
03-13-2004, 12:00 PM
GREENSBORO - An off-duty police officer working as a bodyguard for Baltimore Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti was shot in the hip Friday when his concealed pistol fired during an ACC tournament game, a newspaper reports.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/special_packages/marchmania/8179690.htm?1c

Wally_in_Cincy
03-13-2004, 12:13 PM
Nick,

Several years ago in a redneck bar on the west side of Hamiltucky a biker unzipped his pants to use the urinal which allowed his .38 to tumble into the urinal. The resulting projectile entered his groin and stopped inside his torso somewhere.

He was DOA

Cueless Joey
03-13-2004, 01:04 PM
Not as bad as that Mason shot a mason wannabe in a hazing ritual.
The Mason thought he grabbed the gun with the blank, instead he grabbed his loaded pistol. Shot the poor hazee.
Or my dad's friend. They were shooting outdoors with his 45. A shell landed between his gut and his pants. The fool swiped it with his 45. Gut went off and hit him in the thigh.
Never mind he swiped the shell with the muzzle of his 45 ( failure to follow Colonel Cooper's law of safety, never point the muzzle of the gun on something you don't plan to destroy), he had his tringer finger on the trigger while swiping the shell.
Folks, they can have handguns with 100 safety features, some idiot will still discharge them "accidentally".
Cops are better trained right? Guess again. Sig Sauer had to send an investigator here b/c one city's police department were claiming their Sig P226 were accidentally discharging while they dropped the hammer with the drop hammer safety. Impossible, it should be, because when that hammer falls after disengaging it w/the drop hammer safety, the firing pin is blocked AND disconnected. Guess why the pistols were discharging?
You guessed it. The cops were dropping the hammer by squeezing the trigger and trying to lower the hammer by hand.

Kato
03-14-2004, 02:00 AM
On ESPN news a couple of minutes ago they said the cop was not acting as a body guard and has been charged with discharging a firearm in a public place.

But has anybody seen Maryland's run through the tourny? My Terps are playing great and may be a force yet.

See that Voodoo? Maryland hoops, jump on the bandwagon now or get left behind again!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Kato

Leviathan
03-14-2004, 06:31 AM
A guy was pointed out to me once. He'd just been fired from his job as a SWAT instructor in a city in the South. He'd been playing with his AR-15 while watching late-night TV and had fired a shot into his ceiling. The bullet passed through both buttocks of some poor sucker who'd been sleeping the sleep of the innocent in an apartment on the next floor.

I think of this story whenever I hear somebody refer to something as "a wake-up call."

AS

Wally_in_Cincy
03-15-2004, 07:32 AM
I lived in a second floor apt. and the guy above me was a literal "gun nut". He once told me he kept a loaded .45 in the bathroom in case someone invaded his apt. when he was on the throne.

I was always expecting a stray round to come thru my ceiling.

When he moved (he died actually) the apt. owner could not clean the carpet until he crawled on his hands and knees and picked up all the hundreds of bullets (cartridges) that were hidden in the carpet.