PDA

View Full Version : Corinne Hoffman

Popcorn
03-14-2004, 04:45 AM
I just heard that Corinne Hoffman died. It was a couple of weeks ago but I just heard about it. Maybe some of you knew her, so I thought I would post this. Below is an obituary on her I found on the net from her local paper. She and I had some major scream in your face arguments over the years but I will miss her. She was doing tournaments when no one else was and showed that local tours could work. She was a real hard worker, but man, could she get you aggravated sometimes.

Obituary.

HOFFMAN, CORINNE MARY, 43, of St. Petersburg, died Tuesday (Feb. 24, 2004) at home. She came here in 1976 from Plymouth, Mich. Locally, she was an executive secretary for Maxxim Medical. She was an avid billiards player and coordinated tournaments for the handicapped. Survivors include her mother, Yvonne J. Hoffman, St. Petersburg; two sisters, Bonnie Hoffman, St. Petersburg, and Sharon Morris, Pinellas Park; and a brother, Mike, St. Petersburg. R. Lee Williams & Son Funeral Home & Crematory, 49th Street N Chapel, St. Petersburg.

Vagabond
03-14-2004, 05:14 AM
I remember her sister who weighed less than 100 lbs and had a power break better than many men pros.she played in the Pro tour.I do remember seeing corinne one time but never saw her play.I recognized her as a tournament organizer.May her soul rest in peace.
vagabond

Popcorn
03-14-2004, 05:26 AM
I believe her sister Bonnie came in second in the ladies US. Open one year. She could really play, I saw her beat Dennis Hatch 11 to 1 in a mens tournament she entered. I think she has quit playing.

JohnBarton
03-15-2004, 08:23 AM
Corrine Hoffman is someone who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. She almost single handedly saved the Florida Tour. This is sad news. Rest in peace, Corrine.

John Barton