PDA

View Full Version : surgery tuesday

pooljunkie73
03-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Well the hospital finally called and i go in for surgery on tuesday. They have to go in and staple some holes in my lung. Hopefully this will keep it from collapsing again. Have to spend a week in the hospital which sucks, but better then more collapses. I haven't played pool now since Christmas since my first collapse, they say it could be another six months before i pick up a cue again. By the time i start shooting again i won't be able to run three friggen balls /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Someone do me a favor and go over to AZ and harass FL for me, don't want him getting lonely while i'm in the hospital /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kent Mc.

dg-in-centralpa
03-14-2004, 05:36 PM
Best of luck on your upcoming surgery. At least you'll have an excuse for not running three friggin' balls. FL canceled out on Valley Forge, so now we can't harass him there. You'll be a new and more powerful shooter when it's all over.

DG

Barbara
03-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Kent,

I'm wishing you the BEST OUTCOME on your surgery!!!

Have faith and here's to a quick recovery!!!

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

stickman
03-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ralph S.
03-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Best wishhes for a speedy recovery. I sincerely wish all goes well for you.

wolfdancer
03-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Kent, just read another hospital goof-up...the put a catheter in the wrong guy's heart....Here's a few tips: Use Prussian blue to draw an arrow pointing to the correct lung....duct tape the family jewels, and associated equipment....Have all the O.R. staff pass a breath alayzer test ( can't operate if over .08 ) Take Rosary Beads in with you...makes a good weapon, if they start cutting on the wrong...
And finally ....good luck, I'm sure everyone here will be pulling for you

cueball1950
03-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Kent, as they put you under may the Good Lord guide the surgeons hand and guide him thru his meeting with you. You will be blessed by all on here and rightfully so. So please hurry back and keep in touch. We just hate it when one of our children is out of contact for any length of time. You will be in all our prayers......................mike

CarolNYC
03-15-2004, 03:47 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich R.
03-15-2004, 04:58 AM
All the best to you Kent. May you have a quick and complete recovery. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
03-15-2004, 05:48 AM
Howdy,
Get in to the hospital with trust/confidence/faith for fast healing.wishing u a quick and full recovery.Cheers
Vagabond

Chris Cass
03-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Hi Kent,

I spent 3 mths between ICU and MICU. That sucked. When, I got out I still was unable to hold a cue up. Andy Grubbs sent me 6 accustats tapes every 2 weeks. I watched these tapes and it helped tramendously with my game. It was like I never left the table. It took 5 mths and I was able to hold the cue but still unable to complete a whole game of 9ball. I also received a few from others too. It helps and now the man I want to thank, is gone.

I don't want to leave you on a sad note so, get the tapes and watch some in the hospital. If you have the time. They'll set you up with a tv and vcr. That's the best way to fight bed sores too. I doubt you'll be there that long but it'll help. Mags will help too. Keep it fresh in your mind. Ask #### Leonard if you don't believe me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

God Bless,

C.C.

bluewolf
03-15-2004, 06:23 AM
Good luck on your surgery and really hope that this fixes the problem.

Laura

Wally_in_Cincy
03-15-2004, 07:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooljunkie73:</font><hr> .....Someone do me a favor and go over to AZ and harass FL for me, don't want him getting lonely while i'm in the hospital /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kent Mc. <hr /></blockquote>

Will do. I will tell him I moved to Newfoundland /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope the surgery goes well. Thoughts and prayers are headed your way. Sounds like you are due for some good rolls.

Good luck.

Wally in Newfoundland~~was in Cincy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pooljunkie73
03-15-2004, 10:38 AM
I would like to sincerely thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Means alot to me.

Kent Mc.

pooljunkie73
03-15-2004, 10:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> Will do. I will tell him I moved to Newfoundland /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope the surgery goes well. Thoughts and prayers are headed your way. Sounds like you are due for some good rolls.

Good luck.

Wally in Newfoundland~~was in Cincy /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LMAO....Knew i could count on you Wally. But, Wally in Newfoundland just doesn't have the same ring to it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kent Mc.

PQQLK9
03-15-2004, 10:51 AM
Best wishes Kent,my prayers are with you.

WaltVA
03-15-2004, 11:20 AM
Kent - Your surgeon may want to call Wally in for a consult. I heard he had ordered a copy of FL's latest instructional DVD, "Artistic Pool and Thoracic Surgery Made Easy." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Walt in VA

Wally_in_Cincy
03-15-2004, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaltVA:</font><hr> Kent - Your surgeon may want to call Wally in for a consult. I heard he had ordered a copy of FL's latest instructional DVD, "Artistic Pool and Thoracic Surgery Made Easy." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah but he charged my paypal account the day after I ordered it but never sent it LOL

Looks like Mike at AZB has given El Fasto a 2-week "cooling off" suspension. Unbelievable.

I won't let Fast operate on me until he sobers up /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
03-15-2004, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaltVA:</font><hr> Kent - Your surgeon may want to call Wally in for a consult. I heard he had ordered a copy of FL's latest instructional DVD, "Artistic Pool and Thoracic Surgery Made Easy." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Yeah but he charged my paypal account the day after I ordered it but never sent it LOL

Looks like Mike at AZB has given El Fasto a 2-week "cooling off" suspension. Unbelievable.

I won't let Fast operate on me until he sobers up /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You guys crack me up!!!

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

WaltVA
03-15-2004, 12:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Looks like Mike at AZB has given El Fasto a 2-week "cooling off" suspension. Unbelievable.<hr /></blockquote>
Pocoloco is gone, too, but Big Louie and KCKid have reappeared - can Don Vito Corleone be far behind? Unbelievable is right.
Walt in VA

bluewolf
03-15-2004, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaltVA:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Looks like Mike at AZB has given El Fasto a 2-week "cooling off" suspension. Unbelievable.<hr /></blockquote>
Pocoloco is gone, too, but Big Louie and KCKid have reappeared - can Don Vito Corleone be far behind? Unbelievable is right.
Walt in VA <hr /></blockquote>

Mike banned poco and anybody else with the same ip.

Laura

pooljunkie73
03-15-2004, 01:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote WaltVA:</font><hr> Kent - Your surgeon may want to call Wally in for a consult. I heard he had ordered a copy of FL's latest instructional DVD, "Artistic Pool and Thoracic Surgery Made Easy." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

That has be about the funniest thing i have read in a long time /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Thanks for making my day.

Kent Mc.

Rod
03-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Don't worry Larry has enough people giving him a hard time. It's only natural, he's a champ at everything. LOL

Kent, Good luck on your surgery, hope all goes well. It will be in the past and you'll be hopping around in no time. Well maybe not hopping, maybe a jig. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

dg-in-centralpa
03-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Do yourself a favor. Remember the movie called "The Hospital" with George C. Scott? Don't watch that before going in. You'll be scared sh!tless.

DG