PDA

View Full Version : pool balls, dishwasher safe?

Fasteddy7
03-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Just read a post saying to wash your pool balls in the dishwasher and then wax w/ car wax. Is this a true and tested method?

Paul_Mon
03-15-2004, 03:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fasteddy7:</font><hr> Just read a post saying to wash your pool balls in the dishwasher and then wax w/ car wax. Is this a true and tested method? <hr /></blockquote>

You'll get many replies on what type wax/polish to use, and some saying to just clean the balls. But DO NOT put the balls in the dishwasher.

When my balls need it I wax them with a product called Yellow Wax, made for cars in the days before clear coat and urethane finish. It is pure carnuba wax in a petroleum base, therefore no abrasives. The petroleum does the cleaning. BTW, I wear latex gloves when doing this. The wax will dry up your hands real quick.

Paul Mon~~~~~Just my opinion

Fasteddy7
03-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks Mon

cycopath
03-15-2004, 03:24 PM
A friend of mine found out NOT to put your balls in the dishwasher the hard way. They look really funny now. But I did score a decent set of Aramith balls for him off of eBay later so the "tie-dyed" balls just stay on the shelf.

pooljunkie73
03-15-2004, 03:53 PM
You can wipe them down with Turtle wax wipes. I find it works well. As for the dishwasher, i wouldn't do it.

Kent Mc.

bluey2king
03-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Where do you find those wipes??? I used to use them but I can't find them any more.
Thanks

KGeeED
03-16-2004, 07:39 AM
I put a set of Centennial Balls in a bucket of hot water to wash them. BIG MISTAKE. The circles and numbers popped up. I don't think this would be a problem with balls that don't have these "inlays" but the temperature may make them out of round.

Joe Marra
03-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Just my two cents for what its worth. The Aramith representative told me that if you wax the balls, the wax transfers onto the cushion nose. Making the angles short after time. They recommend just cleaning the balls, and buffing.