PDA

View Full Version : three-cushion in NYC?

ei8htohms
03-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi All,

A friend and I have been searching for a billiards table in Manhattan without much luck. Surely there are some, but where? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

_john

frog
03-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Sorry, no help w/ table. But, are you the 8ohms that posts watch/watchmaking reviews on timezone, and seiko citizen forum? If so great work, and hopefully someone will help with your table search.

SPetty
03-15-2004, 10:17 PM
Try Carom Cafe - www.caromcafe.com (http://www.caromcafe.com) will (eventually) lead you to directions to the place.

justbrake
03-16-2004, 05:11 AM
try calling amersterdam billiards east they know where the billiard tables are in manhattan from what they told me that they were all downtown lower manhattan

9 Ball Girl
03-16-2004, 08:16 AM
There are a whole bunch of them in Queens just a few minutes away from Manhattan. Just to name a few:

all contain heated or nonheated tables:

Carom Cafe Billiards
Master Billiards
Racks Billiards

HTH!

piglit
03-17-2004, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> ...all contain heated or nonheated tables:...<hr /></blockquote>

Are there any other types?

-pigy

9 Ball Girl
03-17-2004, 08:27 AM
What I meant was that the poolhalls that I listed contain both heated and nonheated tables. Some poolhalls may only have the nonheated ones. I'm not sure which one ei8htohms prefers so I listed the poolhalls that have both. I guess I should've said all contain heated and nonheated tables.
Are there any other types? Don't know. If you know of any, enlighten me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ei8htohms
03-17-2004, 09:39 PM
nt

ei8htohms
03-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions. My buddy lives in Brooklyn and I live in Jersey so a Manhattan joint would be ideal. I'll have to give Amsterdam Billiards East a call and see what they can come up with.

We've tried Carom Cafe (awesome) and Master Billiards (great too, but $$$). BTW, what's the thinking on the heated tables? Is it to make the balls and/or cushions more lively? I don't have the experience to have a preference yet.

Thanks again!

_john

SrGoat
03-17-2004, 10:33 PM
check out Spin City in Queen
I think they have both heated/unheated tables

nAz
03-18-2004, 02:23 PM
"BTW, what's the thinking on the heated tables? Is it to make the balls and/or cushions more lively? "

Ya way more lively, you can not make 8 or more carom rail shot on a nonheated table it's pretty near impossible.