PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Purchasing House Cues for Home

Perk
03-16-2004, 07:48 AM
I am looking to pick up 4 - 6 house cues for my wall rack at the house. I have looked at the dufferin and the valley one piece cues. Is there any place to get a good deal from buying more than one, or package deals? Any other house cues that I should look into?

To be honest, they probably wont get used all that often, but it would be nice to have quality house cues sitting around in case I want to grab one without putting my playing cue together. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John in NH
03-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Hi Perk,

I bought 4 Lucasi ($30 each) house cues for my wall rack at home and am very satisfied with them. You can buy them from most Lucasi dealers on-line or near your home.

Regards,

John

Wally_in_Cincy
03-16-2004, 08:09 AM
Perk,

I found Excalibur house cues (wood, not graphite) for $20 at a place called Best Billiards. They are quite acceptable.

pooltchr
03-16-2004, 08:19 AM
Talk to the owner of the poolroom where you play. Most of the wholesalers offer volume discounts. If you know him well, he may add a few to his next order and let you buy them at cost.

MD_SPEED
03-16-2004, 12:30 PM
I got some cheap house cues when we got our table. One has warped already. The others are fine.

pooltchr
03-16-2004, 02:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote MD_SPEED:</font><hr> I got some cheap house cues when we got our table. One has warped already. The others are fine. <hr /></blockquote>
They will do that. I thought he was looking for Valley or Duffrin house cues. Still reasonable, but better quality than the average house cue.

tateuts
03-16-2004, 03:36 PM
Dufferin are the best. I got a set of six 12 years ago and every one is still arrow-straight and solid.

Here are some places: Ozone @ $30 each:

http://www.ozonebilliards.com/dufhirhouspo.html

On the Snap at $160 for the set:

http://www.onthesnap.com/products_01/cues/D1100.htm

This may seem expensive compared to the cheapies, but there is no comparison - they are terrific house cues.

Chris

tateuts
03-16-2004, 03:50 PM
By the way, the Dufferin's are short (57") and stiff with a strong taper down to about a 12.75mm tip and a short fiber ferrule. Very little squirt and a whole bunch of "hit".

Chris

bigalerickson
03-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Buy the Dufferin cues. My dad has at least 15 years on his, and they're still strait (not to mention they grew up with me, so needless to say they have been through some trials).

Also, its been said on here many times that they have the same "squirt" as a predator cue.

my thots.

-Alex . wants everyone to email espn to give kudos for putting Efren on the top ten!!! click here to do so! (http://msn.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html)

Perk
03-17-2004, 08:19 AM
Thanks everyone for the thoughts on the house cues. I had strongly considered the Dufferins, and since a strong consensus on the CCB was that they are worth the price, I think I will purchase 4 of them to start. I will also ask my local PH if they could order them, since they have them on the walls, I might be able to get a deal as someone mentioned. Thanks again.