PDA

View Full Version : ESPN-ESPN2

tito
03-16-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi! My name is Tito and Im from Spain. I need your helps. I would like to know if channel Espn-Espn2 show mosconi cup and the world championship, this year is in Taiwan.

In a few months Im going to install this channel because some friends told me that Espn show more pool than sky sport, well, I wait for your answers, thanks.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-16-2004, 10:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tito:</font><hr> Hi! My name is Tito and Im from Spain. I need your helps. I would like to know if channel Espn-Espn2 show mosconi cup and the world championship, this year is in Taiwan. <hr /></blockquote>

ESPN has never shown the WPC world championship. They showed 6 hours of highlights from the Mosconi Cup. That's not much.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tito:</font><hr> In a few months Im going to install this channel because some friends told me that Espn show more pool than sky sport, well, I wait for your answers, thanks. <hr /></blockquote>

I think your friends are wrong. Doesn't Sky Sports televise all the Matchroom events live?

ESPN shows mostly WPBA (Women) pool.

pooltchr
03-16-2004, 10:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>ESPN shows mostly WPBA (Women) pool. <hr /></blockquote>
And Trick Shots
and trick shots again
and again
and again
and again
and again
and again....

Rich R.
03-16-2004, 10:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>ESPN shows mostly WPBA (Women) pool. <hr /></blockquote>
And that is because the WPBA pays them to put it on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

tito
03-16-2004, 10:28 AM
Hi wally, thanks for your answer, do you think sky sport is better than espn?, maybe I would get this one too.

tito
03-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Hi Pooltchr, I see the TV calendar in billiards digest, in this month Espn2 broadcast a lot of trick shot, thats true but on february I see here some games from mika inmonen, bustamante etc...

You know, here, in Spain, Canary Islnad we dont have anything like this, I hope to improve my pool play watching professional.

See U and thanks for your answer.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-16-2004, 11:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tito:</font><hr> Hi wally, thanks for your answer, do you think sky sport is better than espn?, maybe I would get this one too. <hr /></blockquote>

We don't get sky sports here.

The matchroom forum has members from around the world. They may be able to answer your question better:

http://www.mosconicup.com/forum/

tito
03-16-2004, 11:33 AM
thanks wally.

cycopath
03-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Tito, I would suggest getting some Accu-Stats tapes. Not only is there no commercial interruption, but there's some excellent commentary from world class champions.

The tapes can be purchased directly from Accu-Stats at

http://www.accu-stats.com

or watch eBay for used copies.

Good luck.

tito
03-17-2004, 08:29 AM
Hi cycopath and really thanks for your answer, recently I purchased some tape of Accu-stats, but its a little expensive to me because I live away from there and then I thought to get Espn is better than still buying thats tapes.

I going to have a look an eBay, thanks,

KGeeED
03-17-2004, 09:27 AM
I would also go with the Acu Stat tapes. The DVD Capelle On 9 Ball is well worth the money. It is the complete match of Archer vs Reyes. Two of the greatest. A great match and some training tips.

ESPN coverage sucks. I am tired of listening to Mitch Laurance say the game is a game of inches. Every sport is a game of inches. Hockey, football, racing, tiddley winks, name it and a fraction of an inch will make or break any winning or losing. His stupid comments about a great shot after the object ball drops but the cue ball is either on the rail or snookered.

The pocket camera does nothing for the game. Big deal you see a ball dropping into the pocket from the pocket. I want to see how it got they and where the cueball went after hitting the shot.

All they do is show balls dropping but very rarely show the safeties or how they played out of them.

ESPN should be available on any satelite system but I would not pay a premiun for it just to get their terrible pool coverage.

DoomCue
03-17-2004, 11:57 AM
Actually, Tito's friends may be right. ESPN in the States doesn't show much, but ESPN in other countries shows plenty. Not sure about Spain, but in some Asian countries, pool is shown as much as basketball, football, and baseball are here.

-djb

Wally_in_Cincy
03-17-2004, 12:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DoomCue:</font><hr> Actually, Tito's friends may be right. ESPN in the States doesn't show much, but ESPN in other countries shows plenty. Not sure about Spain, but in some Asian countries, pool is shown as much as basketball, football, and baseball are here.

-djb <hr /></blockquote>

I believe you are correct at least about Asia, or at least that's what I have surmised from the matchroom forum.

Buzzsaw
03-17-2004, 12:30 PM
... and what about all of the commercials? For an event that supposedly has no backing they can sure find enough advertisement to fill in between every fricken game. Even to the point where they can't even show the entire match.