PDA

View Full Version : Efren Reyes makes ESPN Top Ten

dg-in-centralpa
03-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Just before 6am this morning, ESPN was showing their Top Ten plays from the previous day, as they usually do. Slam dunks, impossible hockey shots, etc. This morning they showed Efren making the 9 ball and mentioning that he won the Asian 9 Ball Tournament. Amazing! I've never seen them do this before. Maybe our hard work is paying off.

DG

Wally_in_Cincy
03-16-2004, 11:00 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm speechless.

This is a good sign. ESPN doesn't do things on a whim.

Can you imagine, if they just did 3 minutes of pool highlights a week on SportsCenter it would increase interest in pool 100% .....IMO

9 Ball Girl
03-16-2004, 11:30 AM
It's time pool un-became an "other" sport.

SRpool
03-16-2004, 03:00 PM
I agree. That was truly awesome to see Efren on the top 10. Imagine if a big tournament was going on having the match results run on the ticker? Maybe thats something for the future too?

t411
03-16-2004, 03:53 PM
<font color="red"> </font color> I think everyone should e-mail ESPN and give them some kudos!

bigalerickson
03-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Please click here, and contact espn and give them a high five for putting some pool on the top 10!!!

Email Comments to ESPN here!!! (http://msn.espn.go.com/sitetools/s/contact/espntv.html)

&lt;Somebody should make sure this link gets posted on azbilliards and any other pool forums. thanks&gt;

ladybilliards
03-16-2004, 05:31 PM
I sent ESPN my comments, this is awesome! I watch sportscenter all the time, sure hate I missed that one!
Great job espn.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
lb

soupy
03-16-2004, 08:23 PM
I don't even own a TV, but I sent my comments in to ESPN encouraging more pool coverage.

Tommy_Davidson
03-17-2004, 01:13 AM
&gt; Earl was actually the first to make the Top 10 of the week. He was playing Nick in the finals of the 1991 World Championships,filmed in Vegas that year. Nick had just badly missed a ball,ang got super lucky as the cue ball rolled up behind the 8. The crowd laughed,and Earl wasn't totally irate but was muttering to himself about the crowd cheering for a miss that left him hooked. He kicked 2 rails,hit the 4 thin on the bottom side,sending it straight downtable about a diamond off the side rail,where the 9 was sitting just about 1 1/2 diamonds off the end rail,making the 9. Here is a loose diagram.

START(
%A[5\7%B[4\6%C[4B0%De2U1%E[7\7%Fb7G5%GQ2Z0%Hl5T1%IJ2U6%LB9C0
%Pn0S4%UC6[2%VJ0U7%Ws1V8%Xn1S5%Ym3[0%Zs1W1%[f5U6%\l5Z9%]K8U6
%^d4T9
)END

As soon as he saw that he made a good hit,Earl yells as loud as he can "look at this....S--T!",pausing for a second as he watched the 9 fall before using the accidental expletive,which was kind of garbled so it wasn't obvious until you watch it a few times. The crowd reaction was incredible,like watching Tiger's win at the '97 Masters,and Earl was at his most entertaining,fist pumping self. It was #2 for the week,second only to a Michael Jordan dunk. Tommy D.

CaptMorgan
03-17-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I like the fact that pool made the ESPN top ten but when I saw the shot that they showed I was like "ok I understand that that was the winning shot but there HAD to be a better shot during that match more deserving of the top ten" I was kinda disappointed in the selection of shot from ESPN but I guess we can't be too picky.