View Full Version : Post deleted by ccboard_admin

03-16-2004, 10:54 AM

Cueless Joey
03-16-2004, 11:34 AM
200 bucks? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Buy a pvc pipe at Home Depot and mount it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
03-16-2004, 12:10 PM
I used a small plastic pop bottle affixed by epoxy to a piece of wood. This this the type of stroke trainer you are refering to? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I had the same problem. I had a slight bit of right hand english when shooting straight.

bluewolf
03-16-2004, 04:31 PM
It is actually a big thing and not like the pop bottle thing. FL recommended it to us and ww wanted it so we bought it. I have not used it much, but think I do have some slight stroke problems with my left hand so will probably use it for that.

I had a back injury a few months back and am just now getting where I can practice. That is why I have not used it yet, I use whatever time my back will let me at the table on practicing shots I need to improve on and on position practice.

Laura

stickman
03-16-2004, 04:46 PM
If WW can remember the site, I would be interested in looking at it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Candyman
03-16-2004, 04:56 PM
http://www.stroketrainer.com/

Is this the one?

Popcorn
03-16-2004, 04:56 PM
http://billiardsgamestroketrainer.com/

Looks like you could make something like this yourself.

stickman
03-16-2004, 05:19 PM
After seeing it, I'm sure I could make one. Of course, you won't get the instructions.

KGeeED
03-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Bert Kinnister has a better training method that I will give you free. Line up your shot one handed and learn to shoot with one hand. Your stoke will improve and become perfect. Get his tape #11 Advanced fundamentals for more details. The bridge hand should not be use to adjust your stroke. It is just a rest. If your stroke is off readjust with your body and not your bridge hand.

03-17-2004, 10:34 AM

TheFish
03-17-2004, 06:59 PM
Oh just saw the site,
It looks way too simple to buy.

I rememebr someone was sellign a similar device for golf, with pvc tubing..someone made an almost exact replica (slightl improved in fact) for about 15 US from stuff in HOme depot.

One of my friends/instructors just taught me to practice with a slim plastic soda bottle. the one with the small mouths..it gets u stroking straight through time after time. The only thing is that with the bottle situation u need to yank it out straight too.

Personally I think there should be some trainer that isolates your shoulder movement..this thing jsut seems to have a guide to ke u from woblling side to side.

dmgwalsh
03-18-2004, 05:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote whitewolf:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Candyman:</font><hr> http://www.stroketrainer.com/

Is this the one? <hr /></blockquote>

That is the one. You could build one but make sure the part where your arm goes back and forth is splinter free LOL.

The thing comes with no instructions except those which are up on his web site. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh my God, after looking at the picture of how to use the thing just now I realize that I have been putting my arm on the wrong side of the thing LOL. What a dumbass I am. See, I don't mind a little criticism. <hr /></blockquote>

I did the same damn thing with mine for a couple of months before I saw a good picture of someone using it right.
Now, I put it on a table and lean a mirror against the wall, so I can keep an eye out for the dreaded elbow drop.

pooltchr
03-18-2004, 06:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TheFish:</font><hr>Personally I think there should be some trainer that isolates your shoulder movement.. <hr /></blockquote>

Spend a little time with most any BCA instructor and they can show you how to focus on where your grip hand finishes...when done correctly and consistantly, shoulder movement is at a minimum and there is very little elbow drop.

bluewolf
03-18-2004, 07:42 AM
My only objection to this tool is this. It assumes that there is no wrist bend in or out. When I hold the cue with the bend between the index finger and thumb straight on top of the cue, my wrist cocks out a bit.

Once upon a time I tried to make my wrist straight but it was unatural and just not the way my hand/wrist is made. So went back to what is natural.

So that is my real objection. OTOH, think it is good for off hand shooting, because my offhand stroke is still not good enough for more difficult shots.

Laura

PQQLK9
03-18-2004, 08:08 AM
<hr /></blockquote>
Spend a little time with most any BCA instructor and they can show you how to focus on where your grip hand finishes...when done correctly and consistantly, shoulder movement is at a minimum and there is very little elbow drop. <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Steve....let me know if you want a "Subject" to practice your craft on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

catscradle
03-18-2004, 02:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> After seeing it, I'm sure I could make one. Of course, you won't get the instructions. <hr /></blockquote>

You probably don't need instructions IF you've got the ability to create one. I don't so I bought the thing and I agree that it is "pricey but worth it".

ceebee
03-18-2004, 03:27 PM
I have one of these STROKETRAINERS &amp; it's a marvelous tool. It's actually an eye opener when you learn some idiosyncrisies of your stroke.

Tools always cost money, but there are some people that can get a pair of pliers to work wonders.

$200 is a half-month's Pool Table rental for me, but $200 is about what a good night in a RING GAME will produce. Besides the $200 is amortized over years of use, so it's equal to nothing.

Without a straight stroke, the game is impossible to play well. There are, of course, naturals at this or any other game, but they are equal to 20,000/40,000,000 which equals about .005 percent. If I can find a good training tool to increase my level of play, I'm interested.

Having been a Golf Professional, I understand the term "unlearning is tougher than learning". When bad traits are built into one's game, a level of play is established &amp; that's that.

New ideas take time. Imagine how hard it must be to sell a two-piece Cue, when everyone says a one piece Cue is the best you can play with.... hmmmm

Qtec
03-18-2004, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Supposedly, a few pros are using the stroke trainer. It is on the website - sorry, I don't have the link with me.
<hr /></blockquote>

Which pros? I would be interested to hear what they had to say.

Q

dmgwalsh
03-18-2004, 07:21 PM
I think i saw Rolf Soquet's (sp?) name mentioned. Check out the site.

pooltchr
03-19-2004, 06:50 AM
Nick,
For you, my friend, I would take the case "pro-bono". Get up with me sometime, and I will show you what I'm talking about.
Steve

mr8ballme
03-19-2004, 01:00 PM
Post deleted by ccb_admin_2

bluey2king
03-19-2004, 01:35 PM
I just looked at the web site and noticed the one that Tim White is using has two posts, the other ones have four. Why are there four? Left and Right handed players?

mr8ballme
03-19-2004, 02:15 PM
When i first designed it the post were alot taller and now i have made them shorter. I send all 4 post with it so you can use it left and right handed with out moveing the post. It makes it easier and quicker to use. Almost everyone has either got better or learned to shoot the oppiset hand in a matter of days. Thanks