PDA

View Full Version : new aramith bar table cue ball

Wally_in_Cincy
03-16-2004, 10:55 AM
I finally got around to trying the new aramith bar table non-plugged cue ball.

see it here (http://www.poolndarts.com/product.cfm/sku/31-430.cfm)

We tried slow-rolling the existing cue balls at lag speed and sometimes they rolled straight, sometimes they rolled off by 2 or 3 inches to the left or right. The new cueballs rolled straight.

So I suppose I will replace the 2 cue balls at the Reef Tavern with the new ones, at my expense. They're not doing anyone any good sitting in my basement.

PS. They work in the cue ball return mechanism just like the plugged ball.

Rod
03-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Wally,

We have 6 of them. They roll pretty true, much better than the old valley balls. I think they play about the same, more or less. They do still mark up badly just like the old Valley balls.

Rod

UWPoolGod
03-16-2004, 12:15 PM
The bar I play tourneys at just switched to these balls. We used to play red dots and they would open the tables and we'd still pay. Now we have to pay each time and use the 10-15 if there are early 9's. The balls play pretty good. Once you get used to any of them you can get the ball around the table easily enough.

stickman
03-16-2004, 12:19 PM
The tournament coin-op Aramiths attract chalk scuffs, as do the old Valley balls. The good thing is, the Aramiths draw better, and roll truer. I like to use the Aramith super pro cue balls, but they don't return.

cycopath
03-16-2004, 01:45 PM
We got one for our barbox. The thing got VERY dirty super fast. You just can't get it clean either. It's like it's more porous than a normal cueball. And it seems like it was lighter than what we were use to. The cueball kept flying off the table on breaks.

We wound up just opening up the table and playing with a Red Circle.

Wally_in_Cincy
03-16-2004, 01:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> ...We wound up just opening up the table and playing with a Red Circle.
<hr /></blockquote>

I wish that were an option. That would ensure a visit by a goon from the local vending company in our situation.

Ralph S.
03-16-2004, 05:43 PM
We've been using them for quite a while now. Exactly how long they have been out, I am unsure.