PDA

View Full Version : Those nasty metal corners on valley bar boxes

dr_billiards
03-16-2004, 12:58 PM
How do you guys keep from getting nicks in your shafts while playing on a valley bar box with those damn sandpaper looking metal corner pieces. I swear no matter how hard I try, I always end up with a blemish in my shaft at least once a week. You would think that they would get smart and put a rubberized coating over the metal. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Thanks,
Doc B

Rod
03-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Those things are a nightmare for a cue shaft. You either have to be very careful or use a jacked up bridge off some parts of the rail. Using a jacked up bridge off the rail goes against my grain, so I get dents sometimes too.

The GC III is a nightmare in some areas also. I always get those shots right beside that sharp metal edge by the side pocket. You learn quickly how to take out dings and not remove wood. Other wise the shaft turns into a toothpick. LOL

Rod

UWPoolGod
03-16-2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah I have always complained about them. I don't know why some company can't patent a recessed pocket that is flat all the way around the table. I used to break from the side on the 7 footers and now my Scruggs sneaky has long blue strips down the side where the finish was stripped off. Need to have it refinished baddddlllyyy. Never understood it at all.

KGeeED
03-17-2004, 09:43 AM
I carry a Q cloth in my rear pocket that I use to clean my shaft between shots and will lay this over the corner when I have one of those shots.