PDA

View Full Version : Test Drivers of the Billiards Workbook

bigalerickson
03-16-2004, 04:36 PM
I have read the whole web site on this new book (from its consistent advertisement on here), and am very curious to hear any feedback from anyone who may have test driven it, read it, or otherwise have some knowlede about it.

What level player should be using this book? Rather, what level player will really get the best value out of this book?

Thanks for your thots as always.

Alex <likes spelling thots wrong>

SRpool
03-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Hi Alex,

I have tried the Billiard Workbook. It is a huge book, probably around 2000 pages. I think it is very helpful to all levels but mostly for the beginner/intermediate. There are different sections. Each touching on an important part of the game.

I received my book when I was getting used to my new cue. The repetitive nature of the drills and some of the beginner drills were good for getting used to the cue. I went through my book and picked out the drills that touched on what I need help with. It will take me a while to get through them all. I think instuctors may be able to benefit from the book as well. There are sheets that grade you and sheets to scout opponents. It is quite interesting.

Sarah

Rich R.
03-17-2004, 04:46 AM
You can read my review of the Billiards Workbook here.
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=120970&Forum=Al l_Forums&Words=Rich%20R.&Match=Username&Searchpage =5&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=120970&Search=true#P ost120970

CarolNYC
03-17-2004, 05:04 AM
Hi there,
I think Rich gave a great review of this book and I also agree with Sarah!
I just want to mention one other thing:
Many of us live in areas that are accessible to pool halls,leagues,instructors,etc.And those of us who make a living playing pool, have the financial ability to relocate or travel.
What about the people who have a passion for the game(may own a table)who live, where the next house or town is like,200 miles away,or in the mountains or on an island and can travel only once a year to seek out some professional help?
I think ,this book, would be an asset to those people!
Take care!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SRpool
03-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Very well put Carol. I never really thought about that scenario.

Are you going to California next week?? Hope to see you there.

Sarah

CarolNYC
03-18-2004, 04:13 AM
Yes!
See you there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

bigalerickson
03-18-2004, 11:19 AM
THanks for the the review Rich, I think I'll be putting that on my to purchase list over the next few months.

-Alex

Rich R.
03-18-2004, 12:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bigalerickson:</font><hr> THanks for the the review Rich, I think I'll be putting that on my to purchase list over the next few months. <hr /></blockquote>
I hope you enjoy it Alex.
BTW, if you are going to be at the Expo in Valley Forge, next week, stop by Dr. D's booth. Maybe she will have a special price for the show, like many of the other vendors. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif