PDA

View Full Version : Racking Secrets by Joe Tucker on ebay

Lanny
03-16-2004, 04:42 PM
If I remember correctly,someone on here was looking for this book a few months ago.

auction number 3666348786

Lanny

UWPoolGod
03-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Geezzzzz Why you gotta go spillin secrets...guess now I'll have 453 other bidders tomorrow morning. HEHEHEEH. Just kidding.

Lanny
03-16-2004, 05:16 PM
I thought you might appreciate a little competition.

Lanny

tateuts
03-16-2004, 05:30 PM
Ha! I was watching it too, Stay away, suckers, it's mine!

Chris

UWPoolGod
03-16-2004, 05:34 PM
ALright...you can have it...just photocopy the whole thing..send it to me, I'll reimburse your time and send Joe the original value...HEHEHEHEHE

Ken
03-16-2004, 07:30 PM
What's it going for? I might be willing to part with my copy. Of course I'll scan it first.

Saw Joe this weekend but didn't think to check on whether he is going to sell any more copies.
Ken

Barbara
03-16-2004, 07:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Ken:</font><hr>
Saw Joe this weekend but didn't think to check on whether he is going to sell any more copies.
Ken <hr /></blockquote>

I've been trying to get him into a reprint. With countless others, no doubt.

OKAY!!! If a fellow CCBer wins this book, I'll personally throw in a copy of his "Guaranteed Improvement" drill book, which is also awesome. And just the right size to fit into the long pocket of any cue case.

Barbara~~~loves Joe T and Becks' two other boys... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Perk
03-17-2004, 08:40 AM
FYI

I was bidding on the last one a couple weeks ago, and it ended up going for $52.00.

UWPoolGod
03-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Wow I read this post and remembered I wanted to check it out this morning. When I got right over there, there was 2 minutes left and it was at $56. Would have been good timing had I wanted to spend that money on it. Looks like Tateuts tried to sneak in and snag it. LOL

Barbara
03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> FYI

I was bidding on the last one a couple weeks ago, and it ended up going for $52.00. <hr /></blockquote>

Holey Moley!!!

Joe??? You out there?? Are you reading this??

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

Perk
03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
Looking at that sellers feedback, the last one he sold had a Buy It Now option for 36.00......And it also was 'found while cleaning his office'.

&lt;--wondering how many rare billiard books I could find while cleaning my office that I have multiple copies?

Eric.
03-17-2004, 10:56 AM
I'll be happy to make copies of mine for any interested CCB'ers. Here's the deal:

write a check made out to Joe Tucker or JT Products(I'll find out if he still uses the business DBA) for the amount of the original book(I think it was $14 bucks) with a return envelope and I'll mail a copy to you.

Let's do this for the first 3 or 4 people as I do have a real job and it aint making photocopies /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric

woody_968
03-17-2004, 10:56 AM
Man I was all set to put in a last minute bid and had a customer come in so I missed it!

woody_968
03-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Eric, PM me with the info as to where to send it, I would love to get my hands on one of these.

tateuts
03-17-2004, 11:55 AM
I'm beginning to wonder about this auction. He sold another new copy recently for $30. This other guy won the auction, yet I received a second chance offer to buy it. How many copies does he have?

Chris

Gideon
03-17-2004, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I'll be happy to make copies of mine for any interested CCB'ers. Here's the deal:

write a check made out to Joe Tucker or JT Products(I'll find out if he still uses the business DBA) for the amount of the original book(I think it was $14 bucks) with a return envelope and I'll mail a copy to you.

Let's do this for the first 3 or 4 people as I do have a real job and it aint making photocopies /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

If you have a scanner... pdf files would be nice.

Not sure what the leagalities of it would be though. Dang laws, ruin everything.

Ken
03-17-2004, 12:40 PM
SOLD!

tateuts
03-17-2004, 01:06 PM
I just cut him a deal and he's sending me a copy. I put on the payment that it was conditional to be an original copy, not a re-print.

Chris

tateuts
03-17-2004, 02:02 PM
OK, mystery solved. The e-Bay seller (his name is Bob) had 4 original first copies of the book. He was the original publisher and found them in his office when he was cleaning up.

Chris

cycopath
03-18-2004, 01:56 PM
If no one else has noticed, his screen name is "doitforthegame" So I'm guessing Bob is Robert Campbell author of the book "Do it for the game". Which was an excellent read, by the way.

tateuts
03-18-2004, 02:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cycopath:</font><hr> If no one else has noticed, his screen name is "doitforthegame" So I'm guessing Bob is Robert Campbell author of the book "Do it for the game". Which was an excellent read, by the way. <hr /></blockquote>

Good work, Sherlock! I just checked my paypal and you are quite correct.

Chris