PDA

View Full Version : Good story on C-Span today

wolfdancer
03-16-2004, 09:02 PM
James Carville, speaking before a convention of firefighters, told the story...
during President Kennedy's "Cuban Crisis Incident" our Ambassador went to French President De Gaulle, and reported on the missiles. Then offered to show pictures to prove the claims. De Gaulle said to put the pictures away...he had the word of the President of the United States....!!!
Mr. Carville added, " can you imagine any foreign leader saying that today?"
and topped it off with "He (Bush) couldn't pay cash with a co-signer"
Don't like Mr. Bush, but haven't warmed up to Mr. Kerry as an alternative.
Where's that runt with the squeeky voice when we now need him?

Wally_in_Cincy
03-17-2004, 07:13 AM
How ironic, Carville calling the current President a liar. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

wolfdancer
03-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Wally, he had some intersting things to say about Mr. Clinton, also.....
He told the firemen, that he (Carville)during the administration, had to "put a lot of fires out"
AND
when some woman reporter asked what would he say, when his daughter grew up and asked how he could justify his loyalty to Clinton....he said " sometimes your good friends, do bad things, but they're still your friends, so you forgive them ".......works for me!!
AND whatever Bill did does not justify Bush
Saw another program that compared the cuts in federal programs for the U.S....with the extravagant rebuilding plans for Iraq

Wally_in_Cincy
03-17-2004, 02:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Wally, he had some intersting things to say about Mr. Clinton, also.....
He told the firemen, that he (Carville)during the administration, had to "put a lot of fires out"

<font color="blue">You mean he poured ice water down Billy Boy's pants? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

AND
when some woman reporter asked what would he say, when his daughter grew up and asked how he could justify his loyalty to Clinton....he said " sometimes your good friends, do bad things, but they're still your friends, so you forgive them ".......works for me!!

<font color="blue">plus that's where his paycheck was coming from </font color>

AND whatever Bill did does not justify Bush
Saw another program that compared the cuts in federal programs for the U.S....with the extravagant rebuilding plans for Iraq

<font color="blue">Cuts in federal programs? I wish.

As far as Iraq goes we're in there now for better or worse so we have to make it work. Maybe if we can plant the seed of democracy in that region it will be worth it eventually. I know, wishful thinking /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
03-17-2004, 03:11 PM
C,mon Wally..at least Bill didn't screw the whole country.
The "cuts" were part of a speech by Rep. Emanual...