PDA

View Full Version : Billiards Digest May Issue

Barbara
04-25-2002, 08:32 PM
Got my issue last weekend. Had a chance to read the article about Allen Hopkins turning the half century mark and the change his life has taken over the decades.

Guess what???

He names one player that would never, EVER, play him at any game, no matter how many times Allen asked to do so. Okay, I'm just quoting the article. The article doesn't name the player in question. The writer chose not to do so. Allen whispered the name into the author's ear (Mike Geffner) and it was definitely a recognized name that would shock people.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmm".

Barbara~~~did an interview once with Mike and watched every word she spoke....

04-25-2002, 08:46 PM
Earl Strickland???????

Cueless Joey
04-25-2002, 08:49 PM
Let me guess, he's a movie "star"?

Chris Cass
04-26-2002, 08:24 AM
I bet I know.

Sounds like Chevrolet.

C.C.

08-05-2002, 08:40 PM
So what's your point? And why did you watch your words? Did you have something to hide?

Tom_In_Cincy
08-05-2002, 08:49 PM
Barbara..

There are players that I will not play. They like saying that I won't match up with them.. truth is.. I don't like them and won't have anything to do with them....

My point.. is, its easy for Allen to make that statement, I would imagine that through the years Allen hasn't placed in high in the "gentleman" categories. His gambling episodes in the south are very well known... not all are stroies that even he will repeat... and he did make mention of these episodes in that article also.

Allen has been very successful in his promotions and business ventures.... and for that, he has made a better living than he ever did playing the game.. or gambling.