PDA

View Full Version : Happy St. Pattys Day!

stickman
03-17-2004, 07:19 PM
It was a beautiful early spring day here in Southeast Kansas.It was sunny and 71 degrees. I tilled my garden up for the second time this year. I mixed up goat dung in it for fertilizer. What a aroma! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Tommorrow is supposed to be just as nice, and it's time to bring out my lawn mowers. Yeap, the grass needs mowing. I don't mind it when it's this nice.

<font color="green"> Sunday the 21st is my 52nd birthday.</font color> I'm not real crazy about birthdays, but I'm still glad I'm still having them. If you didn't have a great day where you live, I'm sorry. Mine was great! <font color="red"> </font color>

Jim

Karatemom
03-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Boy 71 sure sounds nice. It was around 40/45 here today and it felt so nice after 5 inches of snow 2 days ago!

I wore a green shirt today to celebrate and they had St. Patrick's Day drawings all day, but the administration can't get in on them, only the salespeople.

This is my 2nd day on antibiotics as I've been fighting a nasty sinus infection for a week and a half. They make me incredibly hyper so I've got lots and lots of energy now!

Tomorrow is my last day of overtime this week, we have Friday off, one more day of o/t next week then it's back to normal again.

I got home and went straight to the pool hall where I shot decent.

Today was a pretty good day for me as well. Tomorrow will be better as it will be our 13th wedding anniversary!

I'm glad you had a wonderful day, Jim. I'm not quite ready for mowing lawns any time soon, but I'll take that weather any day!

Heide

stickman
03-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Hiede, I'm glad to hear that you'll soon have more personal time to enjoy. My allergies turn into sinus infection often. They have been giving me a break though. It will be nice weather before long up north. Maybe just in time for the overtime to end. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
03-18-2004, 07:16 AM
It's usually nice here on St. Pat's but not this year.

About 45 and snow on the ground still from Monday.

My grass is not even close to green but my daffodils are about to open /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Happy birthday stickman. I hope you run a six-pack Sunday to celebrate /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

PQQLK9
03-18-2004, 07:34 AM
At least you can drive on the Interstate now without some Nut shooting at you.(I hope)

Wally_in_Cincy
03-18-2004, 07:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> At least you can drive on the Interstate now without some Nut shooting at you.(I hope) <hr /></blockquote>

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well that was 100 miles north of here but we go thru there several times a year on the way to Pittsburgh. On Feb. 14 we were halfway between Cincy and C'bus when the radio reported another shooting /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I don't care if the guy is crazy they should fry him to set an example. You just can't put up with that kind of nonsense.

Eric.
03-18-2004, 08:42 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> It was a beautiful early spring day here in Southeast Kansas.It was sunny and 71 degrees. I tilled my garden up for the second time this year. I mixed up goat dung in it for fertilizer. What a aroma! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Tommorrow is supposed to be just as nice, and it's time to bring out my lawn mowers. Yeap, the grass needs mowing. I don't mind it when it's this nice.

<font color="green"> Sunday the 21st is my 52nd birthday.</font color> I'm not real crazy about birthdays, but I'm still glad I'm still having them. If you didn't have a great day where you live, I'm sorry. Mine was great! <font color="red"> </font color>

Jim <hr /></blockquote>

It was a beautiful Spring day here in the NY metro area. The Sun was nowhere to be found and the snow was falling. I couldn't see my garden under the 5 inches of snow for the umpteenth time this year. Tomorrow is supposed to be just as nice and it's time to bring out my snowblower again. Yep, it's gonna snow again. I don't mind it when it's this nice /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

All kidding aside, Stickman, I hope you have a good b-day.

Eric

Rich R.
03-18-2004, 10:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Sunday the 21st is my 52nd birthday.</font color> I'm not real crazy about birthdays, but I'm still glad I'm still having them. If you didn't have a great day where you live, I'm sorry. Mine was great! <font color="red"> </font color> <hr /></blockquote>
Having birthdays is certainly better than not having birthdays. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Have a happy happy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
03-18-2004, 11:04 AM
Jim,

In case I forget Sunday, Happy Birthday!!

Barbara

But what do I know?... I'm just some broad...

TomBrooklyn
03-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Two men were sitting next to each other at a bar. After a while, one guy looks at the other and says, "I can't help but think, from listening to you, that you're from Ireland."

The other guy responds proudly, "Yes, that I am!"

The first guy says, "So am I! And where about from Ireland might you be?"

The other guy answers, "I'm from Dublin, I am."

The irst guy responds, "Sure and begora, so am I! And what street did you live on in Dublin?"

The other guy says, "A lovely little area it was, I lived on McCleary Street in the old central part of town."

The first guy says, "Faith and it's a small world, so did I! And to what school would you have been going?"

The other guy answers, "Well now, I went to St. Mary's of course."

The first guy gets really excited, and says, "And so did I. Tell me, what year did you graduate?"

The other guy answers, "Well, now, I graduated in 1964."

The first guy exclaims, "The Good Lord must be smiling down upon us! I can hardly believe our good luck at winding up in the same bar tonight. Can you believe it, I graduated from St. Mary's in 1964 my own self."

About this time, another guy walks into the bar, sits down, and orders a beer.

The bartender walks over shaking his head &amp; mutters, "It's going to be a long night tonight, the Murphy twins are drunk again."

stickman
03-19-2004, 09:24 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
03-21-2004, 10:37 AM
Happy Birthday Stickman...may you have many more. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
03-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Happy Birthday there Stick! Your profile says you and I are both a 1952 vintage, about six weeks from now we'll both hit the big 52. Fifty two is a lucky number, feels fine to me...sid~~~an old toot it seems, best not to think about it much

pooljunkie73
03-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Happy Birthday Stick, hope you have a good one.

Kent Mc.

Rod
03-21-2004, 11:24 AM
Happy Birthay Jim, and many more to come.

Rod